Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Portable stage piano, what brand? Can someone please help me out.

heath_eld

Hi,

I am looking to buy a portable stage Piano. ON the basis of price, and features I have concluded the Roland RD 150 or the Yamaha P 80 is the way to go, the technics SX p50 is 3rd. I have heard a million opinions, and I guess am seeking some more. What can people say about these, which would you recommend?? For what reasons? I am only a basic keys player, I am really buying it for others to use.

Ta

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by heath_eld:

Hi,

I am looking to buy a portable stage Piano. ON the basis of price, and features I have concluded the Roland RD 150 or the Yamaha P 80 is the way to go, the technics SX p50 is 3rd. I have heard a million opinions, and I guess am seeking some more. What can people say about these, which would you recommend?? For what reasons? I am only a basic keys player, I am really buying it for others to use.

Ta

Its subjective. For my money the Yamaha has the better action and the Roland has the better sounds. Others will say its the other way or will clearly prefer one over the other.

The piano I really like is the Kawai 9500 stage piano but its heavier - the web site says 32kg whereas the others are somewhere around 20kg I think (I did not check that)

Depends on what you need. The P80 doesn't have a lot of good sounds but the acoustic piano is superb! The RD150 doesn't sound round enough for me and I don't like the action and on a stage piano the action is most important for me. You can always tweak the sound but there's not much to change about the action. If you want great EPs (Rhodes!) as well, take a close look at the Yamaha P120.

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Archived