Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we already know Nelz is going to be painting her home over the weekend...that sounds like a lot of fun! :freak:

But what are your plans, if any, for this weekend?

At Chez Jeff, we are making it a point to not go out of town. I've only loosely arranged some ideas for the three days of blissful R&R (that's rest & relaxation, not just rock & roll). Here are a few:

- Taking my boy to his very first movie in a theater (Spirit, the new Dreamworks animated release). We'll also spend some Daddy/Son time at the park, playing with the doggies and throwing a ball around.

- Finally spending some time doing serious recording for my upcoming album that, most likely, no one will hear except me, my friends and a cat or two. Session booked late tomorrow night at the studio, doing guitar overdubs, vocals and drums.

- Watching hockey and basketball playoff games, of course.

- Inviting myself to a backyard barbeque...there's gotta be one in my neighborhood. I'll just smell my way there and bring a six-pack with me to get in.

- Getting some sun...my studio tan is so well-refined that I'm starting to glow.

- Geeking out and playing some video games. Hey, I'm allowed to be a geek. Shut up.

- Spending at least a few minutes remembering what this holiday is actually about. Here's a clue: "...from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion; that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain." --Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address

- Jeff

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it snowed in the Mtns this last week and several of the ski areas are still open, I just may go skiing one last time! I know, that sounds sick! :cool:

Will also take the girlfriend and kids to see Spiderman (hopefully the crowds are all at the Star Wares, I mean Wars, flick). Will also take her to the airport Sunday (nurse's convention in Las Vegas next week, of which I will be attending from Thursday on, eat yer hearts out!!!). Also need to chase away the white skin winter pasty look, but right now its too cold to lay out!

Great Lincoln quote, Jeff, sad that we have more and more folks to remember on this day each year... :cry:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

All I'm planning is to rent a stack of DVD's and see if I can get a coupla' pickup games of tennis.

Oh, yeah, I'm going to the Beach Bum Parade on Tybee Island on Friday. It is the CHEEZIEST parade you ever saw, but everyone, from the parade "floats" - which are everything from cars that simply got in line to drive down the main street to full-blown floats - to the spectators carry some form of water projectiles. Picture if you will 8-10 thousand people all trying to soak each other with everything from Styrofoam cups, to squirt guns, to supersoakers, to water baloons, to garden hoses from the residents on the street, to pumps on the back of pickup trucks, all throwing water around as fast as they can, and you get the idea. It is truly hilarious fun!

Not to mention all the ladies in bikinis as the official start of summer on Tybee!

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

- Inviting myself to a backyard barbeque...there's gotta be one in my neighborhood. I'll just smell my way there and bring a six-pack with me to get in.

I wanna know how that turns out! Good luck!

I'm booked solid this weekend...normally I would hate that but this time around three of the parties are at my house where I'll be spending half the time cooking on my grill with a beer and the other half either jamming or watching Lakers kick Kings asses into submission.

Monday is more relaxed...my brother will be cooking on his grill...all I'm required to do is Jam, eat, drink and nap.

Were going up to Steamboat Springs to visit my Baldwin -- I mean my Mom! Yes, to visit my Mom and spend some quality time with her.

...and her Baldwin. It misses me, I'm sure.

Other than that, we may go up on the mountain and do some mountain biking if I can throw this cold. Steamboat's great for mountain biking. Ride the gondola up, ride the bike down. No need to get all out of breath or sweaty.

Oh, and we may watch the Avs game. ;)

Hope you all have a good one, too.

Friday morning I have an interesting gig providing background music for a runway fashion show...should be loads of fun.

Luckily, Friday night will be a family night and rest up for the rest of the weekend which will be very slammed.

Playing a good wedding gig Saturday night, a club gig on Sunday night and then 3! gigs on Monday. The first two are with two different bands for a big outdoor festival and the third is a regular every-other Monday night club gig.

In between the gigs, I'll hang with the family and enjoy life. Looking forward to a long weekend, but dreading the way I'll feel Tuesday morning at work...

Regards,

Eric

You know, it hadn't occured to me that every year on both Memorial Day and Labor Day, I end up getting a last-minute phone call to play guitar, bass, keys or vocals at a backyard party somewhere locally.

I won't be surprised if I get such a call on Sunday night or Monday morning sometime.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Botch:

(nurse's convention in Las Vegas next week, of which I will be attending from Thursday on, eat yer hearts out!!!).

Hey bro, if you have time give me a shout when you get here! I live here, and it'd be cool to meet somebody from this forum. BTW, it should be plenty hot if you're looking to get some sun next week. :)

This weekend I'll be doing my usual, playing gigs at night. We'll probably put a patriotic song or two into our set. I have Monday off, so the Mrs. and I will probably have a picnic or something. And of course, I'll have to make sure I get the flag out! It really is great to live in the USA! :D

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Saturday, supposed to do a gig in the parking lot of a local Perkins...it's a charity carnival for the "Give the Kids the World" foundation for terminally ill kids (boy, ya wanna talk about tugging at the ol' Tedster's heartstrings). But, it looks like the weather might not cooperate. We'll see.

Other than that...I suppose grilling something at some point during the weekend would be appropriate. Eat my vegetables. Hmmm...barley is a vegetable. So are hops. Drink my vegetables. Hmmm...maybe, if the weather doesn't suck on Sunday it'll be out to Watkins Mill. Monday is back to work for this ol' government employee...earning that holiday pay.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived