Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What hardware do you use to generate arp patterns?

RABid

Im looking for a simple piece of hardware that is geared towards creating monophonic arp patterns. I want to easily adjust note, decay, filter, and resonance. I prefer to hear the pattern repeating while I make adjustments. The idea situation is something small that will sit in my lap while I edit patterns, then easily export those patterns to my sequencer. Any favorites?

Robert

This post edited for speling.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things I use nowadays for arps (the 1st is not hardware, I know ;) )

- Twiddly bits Modular Madness - funky stuff. Tons of patterns that work over all sorts of weird cords.

- The steq sequencer in my PLG AN card.

I'm not sure what programmability you get on the AN200.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I used the Techno Toys Seq-303 but it is becomming a bit of a hassle and ties me to the computer. It has not been updated in a long time and does not work well with W2K or XP. I also lost my registration so that is also a hassle. I would like to find something like my EML-400 analog sequencer but in a small package with MIDI output. I learned to create patterns by using sliders to control various controls.

It might help if something had a random generator that can be forced into a selected key like the TT Arp-303. At least then I could keep randomizing until I get a pattern I like, then jump to the notes I want to alter and start dialing in my changes.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

I don't really do that stuff...so I am curious to learn from this thread. :D

When I visited the Synth Museum in Orlando I got a chance to play with the Technosaurus Microcon2 coupled with the Cyclodon, a tiny 16 step sequencer. Link below:

http://www.technosaurus.ch/products.htm

It certainly had the pocket-rocket fun factor. Build quality was good. Knobs a little on the small side but still ergonomic. I played with it for a half hour. I was sorely tempted but told myself that apart from the immediacy, I could replicate this on MIDI step sequencers like my An1X's. But for immediacy and compactness this thing rocks. :D

Cheers,

Jerry

Rabid, try out Technotoys ARP-X8, its an arpeggiator extrodinaire. They can help you get your registration back on your SEQ-303, I've had that problem a few times over the years.

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Archived