Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reaktor 3 !!!!!

Gus Lozada

Well... I was finally able to buy a copy of it.

Even while I hate dongles, who cares, it is just great !!

And It can read all my old 2.0 patches.

Happy - Happy - Joy - Joy

Happy - Happy - Joy - Joy

Happr - Happy - Joy - Joy - Joy !! :D

Now I have to check if it can run with no problems at the same time with Sound Forge so I can trigger my Stereo Master and play live Reaktor.

No more G.A.S. at this moment. Ok, I'll wait for my EZ-Bus.

:thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH Gus, did you get the newest version of YOUR favorite Soft Synth?

Wow, that's great, I'm so glad you did it, really. How does it work? I'm soooo curious...

:P

www.guslozada.com

Tell me more.. I've been looking at soft synths lately.

Did you compare that with Reason? They seem to be similar products, I've been looking at Reason a lot, but I could go to either one.

How does it integrate with other software (like sequencer, ie SONAR)?

Can you assign midi controllers to the sliders, so I could assign slider in my pc1600x to it and control in real time?

Now tell me about your favorite soft synth :P

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I've been cautiously avoiding Reaktor (and Kyma) because it seems so vast that I'd need a year and a half just to sort out what it does. Perhaps, Gus, you and some other Reaktor (or Kyma) users can demystify these programs for us by discussing examples of what they can do.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

Perhaps, Gus, you and some other Reaktor (or Kyma) users can demystify these programs for us by discussing examples of what they can do.

It's basically no big deal. The first thing you do when you get it is to deconstruct one already existing synth. It's a bit tricky when you try mixing monophonic and polyphonic stuff, but you get the hang of it eventually.

One of the greatest features I use a lot is to have a polyphonic synth and put it through a modulated monophonic filter/effect. So each extra note-on event just retriggers the synth, but not the modulated filter, great for atmospheric revolving sounds. Havent found that in any soft-synth yet. Although I think that Kontakt has something similar in it's semimodular style.

I've also made a power-normalizer ;) . It multiplies each polyphonic signal with 0.5 if you press down 2 keys at the same time and with 0.33 if you press down 3 keys etc...

two keys:

A1*0.5+F1*0.5=constant power.

three keys:

A1*0.33+F1*0.33+G1*0.33=constant power.

not very useful but you get an instruments that doesn't play louder than a given dB value. Tricky as hell, but it worked. I also made it dependant of the key being pressed down so that a low A0 would only be multiplied with 0.7 instead of 0.5 as for a A3.. you get the picture.

Originally posted by Dan South:

I've been cautiously avoiding Reaktor (and Kyma) because it seems so vast that I'd need a year and a half just to sort out what it does. Perhaps, Gus, you and some other Reaktor (or Kyma) users can demystify these programs for us by discussing examples of what they can do.

Hello Dan.

First of all, let me tell you this:

I love it most of all because of its SOUND. Bells and whistles apart, It's the best sounding analogish-soft synth in the market. That's IMHO the most valid reason to buy an instrument.

Even if you buy it and try some "presets" made by someone else, you could appreciate its power and sound. SOUND.

Now, the great thing about REAKTOR are its endless possibilities. Since you can create sounds from scratch, chances on you getting your very unique sound, are "easy".

Just as d-kay mentions, you can try de-constructing first some presets just to see how do they work. With some months working on it you can figure out how to build your own synths from scratch.

You can create the most simple synth with just one monophonic oscillator... or a complete monster which combines samples and "analog" waveforms as oscillators... go figure.

The learning curve is not exactly as simple as in preset or preconfigured synths, bot is not not as Jim Aikin mentioned in its original review of Reaktor "so steep as to be nearly vertical". You have to invest some time to start having satisfactory results with it.

I like to thing that if I had a super computer I could create more and more complex "synths" since more complexity leads to be using more CPU power.

D-kay:

That's a very interesting thing to do. I've never tried it.

Originally posted by Rod CA:

Did you compare that with Reason? They seem to be similar products, I've been looking at Reason a lot, but I could go to either one.

There's no comparison with REASON. Reason's main focus (IMO) is to create an all-in-one solution while offering sequencers, drum machines, samplers and virtual analog synths in one package where you can creat a complete piece of music.

However, the sound of its VA synth, even the sampler, does not sound fine to my ears while compared to Reaktor.

REAKTOR offers "sequencers" in an analog style form, but it's not intended to creat full pieces of music on it.

How does it integrate with other software (like sequencer, ie SONAR)?

It consumes A LOT of CPU juice while used as a DXi but talking about integration, results are quite satisfactory. To avoid CPU problems I do my Reaktor synth parts first ;)

Can you assign midi controllers to the sliders, so I could assign slider in my pc1600x to it and control in real time?

Absolutely YES.

It does feature a "MIDI LEARN" button wich makes that task very simple. Just click on the MIDI LEARN button, then click on the parameter you want to control via MIDI, then MOVE the knob/fader in your midi controller; Reaktor will immediately associate them.

Ok, where's my check, NI guys? :D

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by LatinMusic:

Hi gus... I have heard some of your demos, the sounds you create are amazing!!! do you only use reaktor? So.. you are going to buy an Ezbus... Wont you sell your tascam?

Hi Latin !

Thanks for the compliment.

For my newest release, yes: I used mostly reaktor.

I sold my US428 a looong time ago, when my LapTop died. :D ... now I'm waiting the EVENT guys to send me my EZ-Bus.

www.guslozada.com

Gustavo, I'm glad to read how much fun you're having with Reaktor 3. I have a copy too, but I have yet to install it! :eek:

BTW, did you ever get my response to your Private Message of 03-16-2002? I sent it the next day. I'm still waiting for your new TraX CD! My address is in the message.

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Originally posted by soapbox:

Gustavo, I'm glad to read how much fun you're having with Reaktor 3. I have a copy too, but I have yet to install it! :eek:

BTW, did you ever get my response to your Private Message of 03-16-2002? I sent it the next day. I'm still waiting for your new TraX CD! My address is in the message.

Best,

Geoff

Hola !

Of course I read it, Geoff but I want you to have the newest incarnation of it. It actually has new art in its cover. I'm preparing right now a new "promo pack" for a yet another distribution for Mexican Record labels. One more try...

You'll get it in a couple of days, amigo.

www.guslozada.com

Gus, cool! Gracias! :thu:

There's no rush. I just wanted to make sure you'd read my message, because my profile's Sent Private Messages area still says:

"Status

Unread by Recipient"

I wonder if there's a bug in the UBB software?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing TraX's latest and greatest! :)

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived