Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone know where I can find note for note transcription to Great Balls of Fire?

Jrock444

Hi, does anyone know where I can find authentic piano transcription, not the watered down easy piano crap, for these songs:

Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger

Root Beer Rag - Billy Joel

Thanks for any help!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if you had already considered this, but many of the MIDI files on the web, are pretty authentic reproductions of the way a song was recorded.

If you can find some good sounding midi files for these songs and open them up in score mode.....you might be able to make sense of any bits you weren't playng correctly.

Regards,

Jerry

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Seems like "Great Balls of Fire" 'authentic' would be kinda difficult reading.

I think I duplicated one of his solos once when I was reading a chart. Turned out somebody had spilled ink all over the page! :D

I agree, that stuff's a lot easier to hear than to read. That is, if you can stand to hear it! :eek:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Jrock444:

Hi, does anyone know where I can find authentic piano transcription, not the watered down easy piano crap, for these songs:

Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger

Root Beer Rag - Billy Joel

Thanks for any help!!

I do have the midi file for Bob Seger's somewhere. i'll take a listen to it tonight and see how close it is.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Jrock444:

Thanks! Let me know what you find out.

It's decent... you may be able to get something out of it. If you want it send me an email and I'll send it to you.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

There is a Billy Joel Complete book that contains a (simplified but still good-sounding) transcription of the Root Beer Rag. You will probably have to modify the left hand voicings to make it sound closer to the original...
"You'll never be as good as you could have been, but you can always be better than you are." - MoKen

Originally posted by Mizu:

There is a Billy Joel Complete book that contains a (simplified but still good-sounding) transcription of the Root Beer Rag. You will probably have to modify the left hand voicings to make it sound closer to the original...

Hey, thanks but I found it at the link in my previous post. It sounds pretty close to the recorded version to me! Good ole internet... :)

Originally posted by Tusker:

I dunno if you had already considered this, but many of the MIDI files on the web, are pretty authentic reproductions of the way a song was recorded.

If you can find some good sounding midi files for these songs and open them up in score mode.....you might be able to make sense of any bits you weren't playng correctly.

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the idea! I've been up till the wee hours downloading midis and opening them up in score writer. Some of them are damn good! Now I just have to find the time to practice all of them.... :)

Archived