Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Access Virus KC, Clavia Nord Lead 3

SPDraver

Ok..so I've got my keayboard choices cut down to 2 now. The nord lead 3 and the access virus KC. Very similar in Features. I think the Nord may sound a little better. However, the Nord lacks any onboard effects. They are both about the same in price so that is not an issue. So what do you guys think? Nord with no effects and use reason or other software for effects for now, or get the access and have it all in one. Either way I later plan on getting outboard effects proccesors, but remember I am a beginner and I want the best possible sounds I can get. I will be using it for progrssive house/trance production. Any suggestions? Also is the new Lexicon 110 effect proccessor any good?
Peace Love Unity Respect, these are the virtues set forth by my musical forefathers and we should all live by them.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Virus has effects and architecture that will be helpful in multitimbral sequencing. The nord is intuitive and attractive as a live performance instrument. Or as a unique voice in a stable of synths. If you are looking for a workhorse....the Virus gets the nod from me.... absent any other info.

Jerry

Oops. One other thought. The Virus is a little harder to get around. All synths take awhile to figure out, but that may be a question for you to think about. If you are computer scientist type this concern does not apply of course.

Regards,

Jerry

The ease of use is one thing had considered. I have read that the nord 3 is fairly easy to learn by analog modeling synth standards anyway.
Peace Love Unity Respect, these are the virtues set forth by my musical forefathers and we should all live by them.

Archived