Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Inventions for the next decade

Max Ventura

I already posted this on Craig's forum.

As I do every year, I'll enlighten your simple minds with thoughts that will be soon stolen by those who can do R&D cheaply.

In the next decade (or little after) we'll see:

-ACTIVE PAPER

you will see animated pictures, small videos and the like on special paper.

-SUPERTRACKING

HD recording, sampling, remixing and midi sequencing all integrated within a new protocol that will see incoming audio or Midi as the same, and uses fixed, powered and non-mobile memory, probably even larger than HD and not so delicate.

-VOICE, FIGURE OR CHARACTER MODELING

in the same way as analog-modeling synths work, we will have famous actors, or singers, or whatever, modelled and then super-imposed on existing actors or singers or whatever, obviously thru a media such as TV or the like.

-MEGACASTING

all types of broadcasting, video renting, cable tv, Cd listening and such will be unified thru a mega system and a single receiving apparatus that will present you with a choosing list. You will still be able to buy them, though.

-A REAL MIDI GUITAR THAT REALLY WORKS

well this is close to what we have now, but it needs to be designed from the ground up, can't build it upon existing guitars.

-TWO-LEVELS CITIES (this has to be pushed farther ahead in the centuries, though).

the cities will have the above-ground life that we know now, but all the commercial traffic, public transportation, delivery, industrial production, and trucking will happen underground, at subway level, and elevators will cater to upstairs.

That's all for this year, see you next one.

Young Obi Wan.

Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something which a guy told me about here in the UK sounds interesting.

Its a mobile phone which can stand up on a desk and emit a kind of "laser" keybaord on your desk to ease in typing messages...

Was on a BBC science show called "Tomorrows World".. awesome!

Originally posted by argomax:

I already posted this on Craig's forum.

As I do every year, I'll enlighten your simple minds with thoughts that will be soon stolen by those who can do R&D cheaply.

In the next decade (or little after) we'll see:

-ACTIVE PAPER

you will see animated pictures, small videos and the like on special paper.

-SUPERTRACKING

HD recording, sampling, remixing and midi sequencing all integrated within a new protocol that will see incoming audio or Midi as the same, and uses fixed, powered and non-mobile memory, probably even larger than HD and not so delicate.

-VOICE, FIGURE OR CHARACTER MODELING

in the same way as analog-modeling synths work, we will have famous actors, or singers, or whatever, modelled and then super-imposed on existing actors or singers or whatever, obviously thru a media such as TV or the like.

-MEGACASTING

all types of broadcasting, video renting, cable tv, Cd listening and such will be unified thru a mega system and a single receiving apparatus that will present you with a choosing list. You will still be able to buy them, though.

-A REAL MIDI GUITAR THAT REALLY WORKS

well this is close to what we have now, but it needs to be designed from the ground up, can't build it upon existing guitars.

-TWO-LEVELS CITIES (this has to be pushed farther ahead in the centuries, though).

the cities will have the above-ground life that we know now, but all the commercial traffic, public transportation, delivery, industrial production, and trucking will happen underground, at subway level, and elevators will cater to upstairs.

That's all for this year, see you next one.

Young Obi Wan.

Archived