Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Plz help me figure out B3 drawbar settings on my S03?

skier4467

I posted another question earlier but got responses like: "try 88800000". That doesn't make any sense to me since it doesn't corelate properly to my Yamaha S03.

I have options for Organ settings like:

"Perc Organ", "1+3", 1+3+, 1+3-, 2+4, 2+4-, Even, Even+, Even-, Odd, Odd+, Odd-, 5 1/3, 8, 4, 2 2/3, 2, 1 3/5, 1 1/3, 1, Rotar, Perc, Perc+, Perc-, Swith, Swith-".

My S03 allows me to combine up to 4 of these choices and tweak the volume of each individually. Please recommend some good settings for B3 type sounds for blues, funk, and jazz. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by skier4467:

I posted another question earlier but got responses like: "try 88800000". That doesn't make any sense to me since it doesn't corelate properly to my Yamaha S03.

I have options for Organ settings like:

"Perc Organ", "1+3", 1+3+, 1+3-, 2+4, 2+4-, Even, Even+, Even-, Odd, Odd+, Odd-, 5 1/3, 8, 4, 2 2/3, 2, 1 3/5, 1 1/3, 1, Rotar, Perc, Perc+, Perc-, Swith, Swith-".

My S03 allows me to combine up to 4 of these choices and tweak the volume of each individually. Please recommend some good settings for B3 type sounds for blues, funk, and jazz. Thanks!

Sorry to say I don't think its possible on the SO3. I find the Hammond setting very unrealistic. I have one but I basically use it as a controller to a module which gives me my organ sounds.

Whatever I do it always sounds like a cheesy combo organ. There is no overdrive capability that I have been able to find and the "rotary" effect seems to be a simple tremolo.

I also play an S03. Since I play a 'wannabe', I don't use it for the organ sounds. I bought it for it's Rhodes, strings and pads. I did mess with it once by taking off the effects on the organ settings and running the raw organ sounds in to my Motion Sound KBR-3D. It really sounded good!! I even played with the idea of getting another one just for organ and using it that way. What stopped me was the time it would take to create some really good organ patches to store in the memory along with not having the ability to change sounds on the fly using drawbars. The keyboard is not real responsive when played as a piano but I loved it when playing it as an organ!

Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK-1 + Ventilator, Korg Triton. 2 JBL Eon 510's.

Archived