Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who else loves Invisible brand keyboard stands?

eric

Thanks Julien.

Okay. I feel kind of stupid having to ask this, but is this an invisible keyboard stand or not? The store is wvnavysurplus, which seems like a weird place to find a keyboard stand. He is a powerseller, and the item is listed under 'instrument stands', but the description is kind of inadequate. And the price is quite low, though it may be the type of thing that'll jump up ten times its original price in the last 5 minutes.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jazzed:

Okay. I feel kind of stupid having to ask this, but is this an invisible keyboard stand or not?

No! It is not! Its an accessoriy shelf that mounts under an Invisible stand! :eek::eek::eek:

How is it that this is the first time this has come up?!?! :confused::thu:

Yep, it's definitely not the stand itself, but rather it's a shelf that allows you to add a 4-space (or smaller) rack underneath your two keyboards on the tiers above.

That eBay seller has a few of those; I bought one of those (and one of the Tee brackets from him a couple of months back. The shelf is the perfect addition to mount my 4-space SKB rack. :thu:

I can snap and post some pics if anyone's genuinely interested. ;)

So I was intrigued by the Invisible Stand love affairs...

So it was discontinued from the shelf...

So I decided to mock up one for myself...

So I got some help from Eric with pictures and measurements...

So I bent some iron and cut some steel...

So I powder coated it with Clavia Red...

So I've already sold some...

So if you're interested...

http://web1.vattnet.com/yatzy/images/stand_perspective.jpg

http://web1.vattnet.com/yatzy/images/stand_lformation.jpg

http://web1.vattnet.com/yatzy/images/stand.jpg

/Magnus

Awesome magnus! (even though I think you'll need to come up with a new name - how about the...wait for it...The Visible Stand)
I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

• 2 months later...

I just stumbled onto this thread while googling "Invisible Stands". My wife gave me one for Christmas a long time ago. I remember being initially a bit disappointed since I wanted one of those "cool" A-frames. I'm glad the salesguy talked her out of that! My chrome I-stand has been a fixture in my studio for years.

I'm mainly a guitarist and only play keys live occasionally. I bought a cheap X stand for those occasions. Recently, my band wanted to have keys at my position but I was concerned about the extra room needed on stage, since I also double on pedal steel guitar. The Invisible allows me, by putting the psg's pedal bar through one base triangle leg, to have the keyboard right over the psg so it takes up virtually no stage area! That's not possible using the X stand.

I've often wanted one of those clip-on shelf accesories. Using a Dremel tool, I routed out 2 channels in a board for the upper tier supports. It drops right in! I thought it would slide back too easily but it doesn't. Makes a perfect laptop shelf.

Though it could use a good cleaning, the stand itself is in fine shape. Unfortunately, the carry bag seems to be deteriorating. It's still intact and has no holes but the inside is getting tacky like foam gets when it breaks down with age. Also, I can't close the bag with the drawstring as the string is covered in black, sticky residue making it impossible to pull through. Any ideas? WD-40? The stand will be indespensible for the next few gigs but I have to find a better way to carry it.

Invisible stands are indestructable but not my stand of choice for gigging. Those legs always got in the way of my feet and it didn't hold up to my piano slamming on my Kurzweil MIDIBoard.

I used to have a tiny Invisible stand, single tier only. Perfect for left hand bass keyboards. I don't remember what happened to it, I think it broke apart. It wasn't as indestructable as the original stand.

I still have the big stand but it is more practical in the studio. Now it holds the Minimoog, Moog Source, and PC/Monitor. The PC keyboard underneath the Minimoog are on a slideout drawer, mounted to the wood base that the Mini sits on.

http://www.retrosynth.com/~analoguediehard/studio/studio-1.jpg

• 5 months later...
Hrm... Wow. Maybe I'm a fool, but I don't think I saw ANYONE using anything made by On-Stage Stands.

I

And what, pray tell, does this have to do with Invisible stands? :freak::P

Please stay on topic! If you had tried an Invisible stand, your lengthy story about the On-Stage stand would be obviated! :wave:

• 5 years later...

Yes, this is THE BEST 2-tiered keyboard stand ever produced (IMHO). I've got (4) sets of these stands. Though I have had to replace a few turn-buckles and re-painted all the stands Black.

I hated the original nylon draw-string bag that the invisible stands came in. Those bags tore to shreds in just a few months: the sides and bottom just ripped wide open.

There is a company in Nashville called Crown/Tent/Awning that custom-made me Heavy Duty Vinyl bags with heavy duty zipper and carrying handle. The bags sort of looks like an oversized Dominos pizza delivery bags.

Later,

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

• 2 weeks later...
@ Sven Golly, Hmmm to Keep the Invisible Stand Alive!! Just watched a Live RUSH Video on YouTube: RUSH--The Camera Eye (Time Machine 2011 DVD)...in which Geddy Lee is still using the 2-tier Invisible Stand!

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

And one other thing...

THIRTY DOLLARS FOR 'KING SHIPPING????

Honestly, half these people are really assholes. I can't tell you how many auctions I blow off because of what they charge for "packing and shipping." A box costs what, 5 dollars? Shipping is probably the same, but even going to 10 bucks, that's a total of $15.00. Asking for $30.00 is a joke.

..Joe

Not Really. Because it's an odd size, shipping gets really expensive. I sold one a few years back and the shipping was way more than i anticipated. In fact I may have lost money on the deal.

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Still looking for a bag for my stand. I know they can be had for $200 but anything in the $100 (or preferably under) category?

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I have a couple of Invisible keyboard stands, but I've never seen either one of them.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

@ Sven Golly, Hmmm to Keep the Invisible Stand Alive!! Just watched a Live RUSH Video on YouTube: RUSH--The Camera Eye (Time Machine 2011 DVD)...in which Geddy Lee is still using the 2-tier Invisible Stand!

I guess this means that if my Rush tribute band ever gigs again, I'll need to break out the Invisible.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 3 years later...

LOL!

This reply is 9 years after your post, but who knows.....

Are you still selling Invisible Stand clones? I'm interested if you are. Even more interested if you can customize a bit. And even more amazed if this gets answered.... LOL!

Paul Vesco

407-466-5781 cell and text

Archived