Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's the Boss?

Dave Bryce

Well, next week I'm off to Germany again in a few days, this time for the AES show in Munich; and, I still haven't gotten around to buying myself a laptop.

Consequently, I will once again need to appoint someone in the role of Honorary Forum Moderator while I am in Europe. This time, I thought it would be more fun to let you guys have a say in who should get the gig.

So, go ahead and nominate or vote for anyone that you think will do a good job. If you're do inclined, feel free to nominate or vote for yourself. If you think that soapbox did a good job last time, maybe you'll wanna vote for him again.

So? Whaddaya think?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for soapey :thu:

Please not Jeff - he will probably leave his cat in charge.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

That reminds me... there's going to be an AES show in São Paulo (here in Brazil) at the end of the month. I'm going to try to make it, since I never got around to going to one in the US. :freak:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I love Geoff, but frankly I'm not sure he has enough of the bulldog in him. He's just too kind, tolerant, and polite. What happens if we get a ornerous intruder from the drum forum? What happens if some guitar player announces a demo outside of the Let's Hear It thread? I see Soapy as more of a spiritual leader. That's fine, but can he play Ceasar when the need arises? Do *you* feel safe with Geoff at the reigns? ;)
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Isn't Jeff a, dare I say it, guitarist?!? I like Jeff, but until he denounces his past as a slave to stringed instruments can we trust him to moderate a forum dedicated to keyboards? I would vote for Dan South before I would have a twanger, and that's going pretty low. (Don't take this as an insult Dan, I think highly of you.) I mean, you know if I prefer Dan over Jeff then something has to be wrong. (Not that I don't like you Dan.) I mean, really. Jeff or Dan. Dan or Jeff. Please, keep this board clean. Use Soap.

Robert

(Sorry Jeff and Dan. Just getting in practice for when Dave leaves. I'm sure either of you would make a good moderator, somewhere else, far far away.)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

(Announcer voice) "...and the early returns have soapbox pulling easily away from the pack."

...and here was me thinking that it was gonna be overwhelmingly in favor of steadyb... ;)

As far as TASCAM Jeff getting the gig - history tells us that he'd probably do an okay job for a few days, but then he'd lose interest and flake out.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Well, Robert, you may be right about the guitar thing...I was thinking Jeff b/c he's pretty funny. Selfish, I know. Okay, so Geoff or Jeff, I'm into homonymns...or are they homophones? (No gay jokes, please) :D

Originally posted by nelz:

Well, Robert, you may be right about the guitar thing...I was thinking Jeff b/c he's pretty funny. Selfish, I know. Okay, so Geoff or Jeff, I'm into homonymns...or are they homophones? (No gay jokes, please) :D

Oh taay Honey. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

RAP THIS:

Soaps da man and Steadyb's close behind. They'll rock dis forum to da early light. If it doesn't work out, den Dan South is in. He'll beat us up strapped with his Strato-Fen. Along with Jeff, the Tascam Guy. He'll come along side, Strato-Fen to da sky. Then that leaves Rabid, he's almost Platinum. He's betta than gold, y'all know da rest of 'em. Don't worry about a thing, Mr. David Bryce. The forum will still be standing, no big surprise. Nelz, Magpel and even myself. We'll call a time out, puttin' folks in check. :thu:

Have a good time dB!! ;)

Originally posted by ktempo7of9@aol.com:

[QBDon't worry about a thing, Mr. David Bryce. The forum will still be standing...

Have a good time dB!! ;) [/QB]

Just go easy on the strudel :eek: this time. (there goes my shot at being moderator :cry: )

Have a safe trip :freak: (are you even going to Amsterdam???) :thu:

I just ran across this thread. Thanks all - I've enjoyed both the compliments and the good-natured jabs. ;)

John did raise a good issue regarding spam while Dave is gone. Dave is the only one with the power to delete posts and threads. So, do we want to ask Curve Dominant or KHAN to step in when spam happens and give 'em a good bashing? Those guys have turned "spam patrol" into an art form!

FWIW, while I'd be happy to do the "Honorary Forum Moderator" gig again, I don't mind at all if folks here want to take turns. Either way is fine with me!

Dave, have fun at AES!

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived