Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey dBunny!

I just looked at your mp3.com page, & saw the Puzzlefish songs - what's your connection with them?? I loved them! FYI, I was one of the staff engineers at the Omni in Oakland, back in tha day... Wherc's that crazy mofo Brian at these days?? Is he still pushing beer in SF?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris, that is just [i]CRAZY[/i]. You're [i]THAT[/i] Chris Kemp? Holy cow! I am now officially freaking out. I'm the guitarist/singer for Puzzlefish. You knew me back then as John, but my nickname (and stage name) is Bunny. Wow! This is so weird. Small world. Puzzlefish broke up about three years ago, and I've been working on music solo ever since. Brian still lives in the City, AFAIK, but I haven't talked with him in a while. I'm a family guy now, not quite living the fast-lane, rock'n'roll lifestyle any more, ifyaknowhatimean! Man, you're bringing back some seriously great memories! Those Omni shows were the some of the best of our entire gigging experience. Those kids in the audience were absolutely NUTS!!! Mosh pits and the whole routine! Of course, I remember playing to crickets in that place, too... :D Wow, so I knew that you moved to GA from Richmond, but I was too dumb to figure out that I knew you! Go figure. What a trip!

John, holy shit, man - awesome! :thu: Great to run into you again - who knew? You guys are still one of my all-time favorite bands! Sorry to hear that y'all split, but such is life - I've been in & out of a few groups myself since then. I hear ya on the family thing, too. Changes your life big-time. I do wish I had more time for playing, and I keep faith that I will - but I don't regret having a family. Audrey's the greatest, and my kids - wow! Nothing like it. Man - what a trip! I was just thinking about you last week. I always loved the tones you were getting - was that an Acoustic combo, or an Ampeg, or something? That shit was tough, man! We've got to chat real-time soon - I'll PM you with my phone #. Send me yours & I'll call you. [i]Paradise Is really really just a state of mind Look around at all the pretty pretty things I found[/i] :D

Just when I had given up all hope in this seething cyberhole that we call the internet, you guys restore my faith. What are the odds of you two hooking up anywhere else but here. My faith has been restored. And yes there is musical life after family, hang in there.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Christopher Kemp: [b] I always loved the tones you were getting - was that an Acoustic combo, or an Ampeg, or something?[/b][/quote]Yeah, it was a 100 watt solid state Ampeg combo that I also ran through a cab of cheapie speakers. Everyone always said that it sounded like a tube amp, and I agreed. I liked that rig, but don't have it any more. Man, I can't believe you remember those lyrics! That song was off the demo that we recorded with Brain (Brian Mantia, of Primus and now Guns n' Roses) on drums, before we released any albums. Do you still have that demo? Chris, check your email. (macnputer) ~~~ Jotown, thanks for the contribution. Glad your faith in the ol' WWW has been restored. So has mine! And thanks for the words of wisdom: [i]"And yes there is musical life after family, hang in there."[/i] That's great to keep in mind. Sometimes it feels like the family life leaves no room for the music, and that can get frustrating. But I keep the faith. Thanks, bro.

That demo rocked - I think I still have it somewhere, yeah. I'll have a look around, and see if I can turn it up. Heh heh - [i]I've always loved my country, man, you know I Really love my country and Times are kinda hard, you know Which really goes to show I must enlist my services The Few The Proud is what the man says Hope the world is a peaceful place One Great Big Spherical Smiling Face![/i]

Archived