Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strange Message board behavior.

RABid

For some reason on my Win2K computer the board looks different than on any other computer I use. There are no lines seperating posts, and every other reply does not have a grey background. I have looked under user profile for settings and have deleted cookies but cannot get the board to look like it done on my other computers. Any suggestions?

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rabid:

For some reason on my Win2K computer the board looks different than on any other computer I use. There are no lines seperating posts, and every other reply does not have a grey background. I have looked under user profile for settings and have deleted cookies but cannot get the board to look like it done on my other computers. Any suggestions?

Robert

Well on my display every other message does not have a grey background either - it goes grey white grey white etc. :evil:

Its probably got something to do with the version of your browser you are using. Certain html tags are not supported by certain browsers. There is a certain amount of tag wars between browser suppliers too, so just because Internet Explorer v x (say) supports some tag does not mean that version x+1 also does so.

I know what happened now. I deleted the cookies to reset the behavior of this messageboard, then closed the window and reopened it to see the changes. What I did not do was close another browser windor I had open at KVR at the same time. That prevented changes from taking place. Once I shut everything down and restarted things look normal. I still don't know how I managed to change things in the first place.

Another mistery, at work I sometimes loose my status bar (bottom of explorer that shows download progress) when surfing this message board.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived