Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where to Burn?

Intheether

Has anyone here ever used the services of OASIS cd facilities? They seem really professional, have great customer service, good product choices, etc...I am leaning towards them or Disk Makers. Can anyone share their experience with these or any other places? I am looking to send out the final mastered CD by the end of July. Thanks for your input! ~nel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aww come on! I hate seeing a '0' by my post. At least 10% of you have cd's for sale on the internet - they didn't appear by magic (or maybe they did satanists ;) )How did you folks decide where to go , how much to spend, were you happy with the finished product...? It's a big decision and a pricey one, just looking for advice from my peers. Thanks!

Originally posted by jackpine:

Dave, is that where you did the latest keyboard corner disk? If it is they sure did a nice job.

Btw... for that short of a run what was a ballpark per unit?

jim

They did in fact do the comp CDs for us, and I agree that they did a fine job.

Their price per unit was $4.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Nelz...I do indeed have experience with several big-time duplicators, but probably on a much bigger scale than you're talking about. I have used both DiscMakers and Oasis, among others. I've had a pretty wide variety of experiences, both good and bad.

Well, that probably didn't help. But yeah. ;)

- Jeff

Hi, Nelz! Finally back online after a complete re-install of my Mac OS and drive cleanup...what a huge job!

Anyway, I've always preferred to use manufacturers in my city. That way, if there's a problem, you can fix it without having to ship product back and forth the country, plus you develop a good relationship in person, which I prefer.

If you're completely new to the CD release biz, both Oasis and Discmakers will hold your hand through the process and help you through the decisions. They won't have the absolute cheapest prices necessarily, but they'll offer lots of assistance. I've never used either one, but I know folks who have.

Make sure you have the exact proper specs provided by the manufacturer for the artwork, if you're providing it; and if they are doing the artwork for you, make sure you give them enough to work with to make it special and unique for you - you DON'T want a generic-looking CD!

The main thing to remember is that you need to feel that they're giving you great service, proper attention and answers to your questions. If you sense any things that don't feel right, trust your instincts. Your name's on the cover!

If you have any more questions, drop me a note...

:) Your friend in music,

lz

dB :Thanks for the Electric Records tip. The comp cd did turn out great so I will check them out as well.

Busch: Can you post or PM me your experience with Oasis and the quality of the final product? They have been super so far as customer service and answering questions...but as Laurie says, they are more expensive than local places. On the other hand, they do indeed walk you through step by step, give templates for cover, liner notes, etc...

And, Jeff your insight is helpful, too. If a big time project turned out well, I'm sure they can manage a smaller run just fine. I think the reason they are more $ at disk makers and Oasis is b/c they ususally deal with 1000+ presses, which is where the big savings come in. Like I said, I won't be ready to send it out til' July, but the more feedback I get, the better. Thanks all! :)

Archived