Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Full Moonacy Lunacy

Bobro

Well it's that time of the month. It's 3 AM, the upstairs neighbors have installed a bowling alley or are having the kinkiest sex on record. I lost the ability to see the "man in the moon" about a year ago :confused: Just can't make out the face anymore. Did the change the moon? Turn it around or something?

Just wanted to share.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanging out with kids is my specialty; I'm even a godfather now! (I'm so proud I must drive people nuts bragging about my godson iga, he's the best :D ).

I see Cain in the moon, which my dad showed me when I was little. Back then I couldn't see it.

Just found this googling:

"While in yet another folktale, written tradition says that the man in the moon is Cain, who slew his brother Abel, with his dog and thorn bush; the thorn bush being emblematical of the thorns and briars of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, and the dog being the foul fiend, a poor representation, of the serpent."

And this:

"A dog is sometimes added as is seen in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream:

"This man with lantern, dog, and bush of Thora, presenteth moonshine." (v,i)."

Cool, those are good decriptions of the picture I see. Well if it's lunacy I'm in good company, I was getting kind of worried. Actually it is a kind of "man in the moon", only not some jolly face, but standing up in a kind of Mesopotamian profile.

-Bobro

Reminds me of a joke heard I heard back in my days in academe:

What do you get when you cross a mobster with a deconstructionist? An offer you can't understand.

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by Bobro:

I'm even a godfather now!

Congratulations Don Bobro!

(Time to make Dave an offer he can't refuse for one of his Andromedas.)

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived