Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dance/Techno Keyboard or Module

What's a good yet inexpensive keyboard(or module)for Dance/Techno. I need to generate 16th note patterns for that famous pulsing backround effect. I've tried the Korg electribe EA1 and Yamaha AN1X and liked what I heard.The Korg seemed better to sync up live with it's tap tempo feature. Would one of the newer "programable" arpeggiators be able to produce the repetitve patterns I need? Any ideas? Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One to check out might be the Yamaha CS6R (the keyboard version is the CS6X) I personally don't own one, so you'll have to investigate it for yourself. I've played on them (the CS6X) and like them-they are also relatively inexpensive (you may find one for $1200)...I don't know if it will have what you're looking for, but probably worth looking into.
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Originally posted by Striker1080:

they are also relatively inexpensive (you may find one for $1200)

I've recently seen CS6x on sale here for $999, which works out to around $625 American. It's not a bad little synth, and seems to have been marketed towards the techno crowd but never quite found it's niche.

Originally posted by robroth1@msn.com:

What's a good yet inexpensive keyboard(or module)for Dance/Techno. I need to generate 16th note patterns for that famous pulsing backround effect. I've tried the Korg electribe EA1 and Yamaha AN1X and liked what I heard.The Korg seemed better to sync up live with it's tap tempo feature. Would one of the newer "programable" arpeggiators be able to produce the repetitve patterns I need? Any ideas? Thanks!

I would suggest to check out Waldorf's Micro Q. It seems that it has all you need and it's quite cheap (at least here, in Europe) ;) .
I am back.

Archived