Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

may dive into DAW...

midispaceho

Before I plunk down 3.7K for a G4 with Digital Performer and 828 firewire system, does anyone have any suggestions on what competing systems are viable and why? I know next to nothing about DAW, however really want to dive in. I am particularly interested in 5.1 surround.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have DP and Logic running on a dual giggyhurts G4 and it's pretty cool. How much MIDI sequencing do you do? Nuendo on the PC side (avoid it on the Mac, it's buggy) is quickly gaining adherents, but its MIDI features are very basic. For surround mixing it's very cool. If you want to get into 5.1, get the fastest computer you can afford, because the algorithms, especially on surround FX , take up more juice.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

I have been informed that firewire on a G4 is not a good way to go as far as bandwidth. I know I want to go mac, not PC. I have a relativly new PC and want to smash it on almost a daily basis. I have like 7 pieces of midi gear, so I will probably work quite a bit with it if I can get it configured into a user friendly set up.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

Archived