Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Veterans Day

I don't know how many of you are veterans. Probably many of you have family members who are or were... and perhaps some of you had family members or friends who made the ultimate sacrifice. I thank you, and your family for the freedom I have today. Without the people who serve in the armed forces, our world would be a different and worse place. And to all those who are serving or have family serving now, as we are preparing for the next conflict... My prayers are with you. God Bless the service men and women. guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Veteran's Day? Holy shit, where have I been. Thanks for the prayer, though. My girlfriend is in the army right now, going through boot camp. I'm gonna pull every string I can to make sure she doesn't go anywhere but back to me, if they try to send her away to Iraq or wherever the hell little Bush is going to start trying to fight. And I mean EVERY STRING POSSIBLE.

I salute my Dad, Theodore Robert Hoffman, Corporal, U.S. Army Signal Corps, France, 1944 thru '45, as well as the thousands of his comrades in arms. My Dad's headstone is one of the thousands of the simple but elegant white headstones in Arlington National Cemetery.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I served for a little while, so I know the rough, thankless, tiring job it is to be prepared to fight for a way of life we hold dear. Some serve peacefully in hospitals, some serve in charities, or in the fire departments or police forces, but these people do hold a place of honor to take the threats and abuse for us that very few would be willing to. Unfortunately, not many of us can think of anything more important than ourselves on this Earth. So my heart goes out to our young, brave warriors, and my prayers. God bless them, and America.
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived