Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

I'll be surprised and impressed if the Celts put away the Sixers tonight. Philly figures to be a tough out--strong defensive team and they're still fielding the best, most proven big game scorer on the court. Of course, Boston has found a way to negate Mutombo. His name is Rodney Rogers. It'll probably be a very close game.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iverson scored Philadelphia's final eight points, including a go-ahead 14-footer with 22.6 seconds left that lifted the Sixers to an 83-81 victory over the Boston Celtics, forcing Game 5 in their first-round series.

The deciding game will be Friday night in Boston

Well, I did call it, I guess. They stifled Pierce, and Iverson came up big after a long, diffcult night. Coleman was big all night. But seriously, I think the Celts should have taken this one. They made a lot of blunders down the stretch. Don't be surpirsed if game 5 is another 1 point affair.

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

It'll probably be a very close game.
Perhaps...definitly worth watching...Philly (and the refs ;) ) are going to fight Boston tooth and nail tonight.
Damn if that wasnt one of the best 4th quarter's Ive seen in a while, great basketball!! Now the question can be answered..

Can Philly win in Boston?

TROLL . . . ish.

My knees are still shaking from that Nets game. Damn and wow. Jason Kidd was downright heroic, as was Reggie. Nets made some bonehead plays there--missing free throws and Van Horn's inexplicable foul on Miller, so I would have felt pretty crappy if they had lost. But what a game. We must savor these sideshow treats while the Lakers plow on through (Nah. I'm one of the ones who believes the Lakers can be beat, but not by any team in the East).

I Love Playoff Basketball...damn I really should be writing music instead of watching sports but I have been doing a lot of critical listening during the games which is always important. I always turn the sound down on the TV so I don't have to hear these announcers make asses of themselves. Well not all the time...I listen to Chick n Stu.

I Love Playoff Basketball...damn I really should be writing music instead of watching sports but I have been doing a lot of critical listening during the games which is always important.

Steve, I'm feeling this pinch in a big way. I just got a job writing a theme song for a locally produced (but pretty well backed) sci-fi sitcom, and I should be really working on it every night instead of watching the playoffs. So I've been writing one pass at this song while watching the games, on a Nashville strung leectric guitar. It's actually working out great, esp. when the games get close at the end and I get nervous. Too bad I'm eventually have to go downstairs and record it!

The Pacers-Nets Game 5 was the first playoff game in NBA history in which the game was tied at the end of the first half, third quarter, fourth quarter and the first overtime. Wow!!!

I Love Playoff Basketball...damn I really should be writing music instead of watching sports

Maybe you should work on a new NBA theme since NBC lost the NBA deal. I think ABC is the one who got it? Whoever it is, they're dumping the good ol' John Tesh theme. I've never listened to his new agey stuff, but I gotta admit, the guy can write a catchy jingle! :D

Besides, anyone with his reputation that is willing to be a regular guest on Conan O'Brien to be ridiculed is cool in my book

Originally posted by steadyb:

The Pacers-Nets Game 5 was the first playoff game in NBA history in which the game was tied at the end of the first half, third quarter, fourth quarter and the first overtime. Wow!!!

And meanwhile, Cameron and Boone hit two sets of back to back HRs in the first inning, a baseball first, and Cameron (not Bobro) goes on to hit two more, a baseball 15th, I believe. Strange night in sports. What does this auger for the Derby tomorrow?

You watch Baseball too??? I'd never make any music if I watched any more sports than just Football and Pro Basketball.

I don't actually start watching baseball until the Yanks are tuning up for October, and that's also when Football is getting into high gear. So, yeah, it's a tough time of year. The air is alive with quality sports. But let me stress again the beauty and productivity of having a guitar lying around during the seasons of one's sports obsessions. Especially a guitar in an alternate tuning, or a nylon strong--something you're not accustomed to and can attack without habit. Then let the game speak to you. If you're a fan of a team involved, even better. I guarantee that edgy material will come from it. All musicians should love sports because they are dynamic, temporal, amd rhythmic. That is the most pompous statement I hope to make this week...

YEAH!!! GO BOSTON!!

But let me stress again the beauty and productivity of having a guitar lying around during the seasons of one's sports obsessions. Especially a guitar in an alternate tuning, or a nylon strong--something you're not accustomed to and can attack without habit. Then let the game speak to you. If you're a fan of a team involved, even better. I guarantee that edgy material will come from it. All musicians should love sports because they are dynamic, temporal, amd rhythmic. That is the most pompous statement I hope to make this week...
Hey Magpel, thanks a lot for reminding me to do this...I picked up my acoustic guitar several times last night during the games and sure enough I wrote a really cool tune.

YEAH!!! GO BOSTON!!

Hey Magpel, thanks a lot for reminding me to do this...I picked up my acoustic guitar several times last night during the games and sure enough I wrote a really cool tune.

That's what I'm a-talking about. For me, it reached it's peak during the Yankees-D'backs series last year. I don't know what I would have done without a guitar nearby.

Archived