Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craaft PL12/2 MFA powered monitor on strike!

Superbobus

Okay, one for the ones with two right hands, because I'm too clumsy for this...

This afternoon I was rehearsing with a trumpet player. I was playing my synth over my powered monitor. Rehearsing went great but we decided to eat a little bit and after that go on with rehearsing. So, we come home, I turn on the synth, the amp and, NO POWER, no sound, no nothing! :mad:

I bought the speaker second hand last year and sometimes I could hear a very short, very high "crack" sound, as if there's a spark between some parts. I checked it with different power cables (no adapter needed), different... what's English for "stopcontact"? The part in the wall where you put the plug in... Nothing works. Anybody a clue what it could be and how long it takes to repair? It's evening over here now so I have to take it away tomorrow to this guy I know, so it will be very cheap. The thing is, he's not always the fastest so if I know that it's gonna be an easy one, I can push him a little bit...

Thanx in advance.

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Superbobus:

I was playing my synth over my powered monitor. Rehearsing went great but we decided to eat a little bit and after that go on with rehearsing. So, we come home, I turn on the synth, the amp and, NO POWER, no sound, no nothing! :mad:

Is there a power light on the unit? If so, was that still on?

I bought the speaker second hand last year and sometimes I could hear a very short, very high "crack" sound, as if there's a spark between some parts.

Was this while playing? If so, you may have been clipping.

I checked it with different power cables (no adapter needed), different... what's English for "stopcontact"?

The part in the wall where you put the plug in...

In English its a GPO (General Purpose Outlet) Don't know the official American for it.

Nothing works. Anybody a clue what it could be and how long it takes to repair?

Do other devices work from the same GPO? Have you checked the fuse on the amp? You may have a fuse in the wall plug too (they do in the UK).

Tried it with my synth on the same GPO and together with my mac on another GPO and as you see my mac is working...

The "crack" was not together with the synth so no clipping.

The amp has a power light but it's not working anymore. A week ago I noticed that another power cable didn't make good contact, only when I was moving the plug which goes into the amp so it looks like some contact behind the AC input (or DC input ???) is f**ked up. With the original power cable (I have so many power cables that I sometimes mix them up) the thing was workin again, but only for a week.

Oh yeah, it's a great monitor BTW and it's made by Solton GmbH. Wasn't Ketron formerly known as Solton? (dano???)

Okay, the guy was fast...

Blown fuse, that was all and I know how to fix it now. Guys, NEVER turn master volume to the max. That was the reason for it. Up and running and I'm enjoying the warm yet explosive sound coming from this unit again.

Archived