Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Staying power

Dave Bryce

I have a 1952 Gibson electric mandolin and a 1952 Fender Deluxe amplifier, with the original blue label Jensen speaker.

They were both given to me by my grandfather 16 years ago, before he passed away. He bought them both brand new, so I'm, in a way, the original owner.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a Casio CZ-101, Roland D-10 & D-110 from over 10 years ago. All my electric guitars and bass are from the mid 80s. My Selmer sax is from around 1971 (Mk VI) and my Martin 0-16 NY is from 1972. The oldest would be the Gibson F-hole acoustic. No one knows how old it is, but my late uncle Jack bought it used in 1950.

I tend to get rid of anything I'm not using, so I don't have any of my gear from the 80s. I guess the oldest thing I have is the Yamaha PSR-510 my wife bought me for Christmas a few years after I started my gigging hiatus. It's a nice home-use keyboard, and I love that I can put it on my lap in an easy chair and fool around. However, I'm taking it on stage right now because I haven't a better piano sound board. DEFINITELY sub-optimal.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Archived