Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Mag: Whatever happened to?

Pat Azzarello

The Freff discussion in another thread got me thinking back to a lot of the "old" Keyboard writers. We occasionally see Jim Aiken (sp?) hanging out here, but what about...

Dominic Milano -

Larry Fast - (I know I've asked this one before, but didn't he write a column for a while?)

Dave Stewart (not the Eurythmics Dave - the funny Kbd columnist who loves odd time signatures and odder humor)

Do these guys have web sites? New projects? I grew up (well, from the time I was 16 I've read Keyboard - that was 1977) learning a lot from these guys and I'd like to let them know I appreciate their hard work.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can at least speak partially about David Stewart. I do have music theory book by him, so I'm assuming he's at least he's been partially busy with that, since there is more than one.

There are quite a few funny tidbits in the book, specially his description about how disco came about. Nothing groundbreaking in the book, still interesting reading.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Larry Fast is still performing, for example last month at the Alfa Centauri festival in the Netherlands (http://www.alfacentauri.nl/), and is currently on tour as part of the Tony Levin Band. www.tonylevinband.com has a very humorous set of cartoons, and links to the individual members' sites, including www.synergy-emusic.com for Larry. When I saw the TL Band a year or two ago, the set included about 10 minutes for Larry to do some of his Synergy emusic solo while the other guys took a break.

i'm a bigfan of dave stewart

when i started reading notes all i had then were his complicated scores

he also has unique chord voicings tastier than jazz

his website isn't updated for few years

DAVE!!! if you read this your fans still waiting for your work

cheers

istyle

www.mp3.com/istyle

Archived