Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave published in EQ!

Magpel

Just got EQ, skimming through the 417 new articles by Anderton(all of them good, of course), I come across an article authored by David Bryce. It's about remote voiceover recording, and its well done, tastefully written and useful. Good job, fearless leader. may this be the first of many, if you want it to be so.

John

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Hey, you try running three businesses...

I can't even manage to run one.

By the way, thanks for stopping by to see me at NAB on Tuesday, you freakin' $#!^*&. Some friend you are. I only knew you were there from rumor and heresay.

Feel the guilt...feel the guilt. :cry:

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Feel the guilt...feel the guilt. :cry:

Guilt? Dude - I was raised Jewish, remember? You have to be a Jedi Guilt Master to use that on me, my brother... ;)

Sorry for not stopping by - being there for basically one day, I was waaaay busy. I didn't see Valky either. I'm sure I'll hear more about that, too. :eek:

I hear you two had a very nice dinner, though...complete with excellent dessert...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

You have to be a Jedi Guilt Master to use that on me, my brother... ;)

LOL! The "Jedi Guilt Master" would be an excellent Saturday Night Live sketch. :D

"I'm trying to use the Force, Master, but I can't."

"Oh you can't, huh? You know, if only you'd learned the Force earlier like most kids, your brother would never have died that tragic death...all your fault! Oy! What did I do to get such a poor student? I could have had a nice boy like that Anikin from down the street!"

Sorry for not stopping by - being there for basically one day, I was waaaay busy.
Not to worry...I have been in that position too many times to give anyone else grief about it!

I didn't see Valky either. I hear you two had a very nice dinner, though...complete with excellent dessert...
Yes, she's a lady that appreciates a good dessert, ya know. It was fun. Actually, it was the highlight of my NAB trip this year.

- Jeff

I didn't see Valky either. I'm sure I'll hear more about that, too. :eek:

Um... Yes. You will.

You ditched me! :(

You'll pay for that....

I hear you two had a very nice dinner, though...complete with excellent dessert...

dB

Yes. I had to settle for Jeff because

I couldn't have you... :(

Jeff got himself into trouble too...

You're both gonna have to make it

up to me! ;)

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

By the way, thanks for stopping by to see me at NAB on Tuesday, you freakin' $#!^*&. Some friend you are. I only knew you were there from rumor and heresay

Woah, time out here... N.A.B., as in National Association of Broadcasters?? The convention? The one here in Las Vegas for the past week? And none of you guys bothered to even give me a shout and let me know you'd be here? :( You buncha snooty scumbags!! Wassup wid dat?!! ;):D I could have at least recommended a good place to eat while you were here!

Just for that, I'm not buying any ADAM's, Tascams, or trombones this year! :P

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

Just for that, I'm not buying any ADAM's, Tascams, or trombones this year! :P

Peace all,

Steve

Oh for the love of GAWD!

BUY the trombone! PLEASE!

The trombone industry needs YOU!

(Ya know sales are down...)

Kiddies... don't download

your trombone music... play

the real thing!

Valky

PS: I'll be back in Vegas

in June for Infocomm...

What's that resturant? :)

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

Yes. I had to settle for Jeff because

I couldn't have you...

Funny, that's not what you said over the spun sugar and potassium-packed sweet treat, my dear. ;)

Jeff got himself into trouble too...
What? I was very, very nice. I recall no trouble. And you were a very nice dinner companion. I know you especially liked the high-quality lounge band we saw afterward. :eek: And the great sound system in the Luxor's Nefertiti Lounge. :freak: Actually, it coulda been worse...

You're both gonna have to make it

up to me!

HA! I owe you nothing...in fact, the next dinner's on you, so start saving up...I'm not a cheap date. :)

- Jeff

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

Just for that, I'm not buying any ADAM's, Tascams, or trombones this year!

You know, I have a couple really good trombone sample libraries I can sell ya. Really! :D:D

Pssst...hey buddy...I also have a French Horn to die for. And don't get me started on the Tuba! :)

- Jeff

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

PS: I'll be back in Vegas

in June for Infocomm...

What's that resturant? :)

Depends what you're hungry for and how much you want to spend. Restaurants are probably as common as convenience stores here, and there's a lot of good ones. Make sure you give me a shout before you get here, and I'll hook you up! :)

While you're here, I could also recommend a good 4-piece contemporary jazz band for you to check out, but that'd be spammin'! :eek:

And if you bring your `bone, we'll let (make) you sit in for a tune or two! And if it's your birthday, well, you'd probably better off not letting us know! :D;)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

dB - just wanted to let you know that I've been to 3 stores trying to track down a copy of that EQ - been told they're coming in "next week" repeatedly.

I've been looking forward to reading your story - hopefully, I'll track one down somewhere.

:rolleyes:

lz

Dave, congrats on the article and on the VO gigs as well.

It's true that you can "appear" on spots anywhere in the world without leaving the comfort of your own home if you're talented, organized, techno-savvy, and industrious; and if you have the right gear.

Sounds easy ... if you're Dave Bryce! :thu:

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Hello Everyone,

I am here as a direct result of Dave's article. You see I am a voice actor as well. I was particularly interested in how Dave promoted his talents to potential employers.

In the article you mentioned that you attained representation for agents in various cities. Was this a difficult thing to do long distance?

Listen to my web site: www.geoffedwards.ca

Originally posted by Geoff:

In the article you mentioned that you attained representation for agents in various cities. Was this a difficult thing to do long distance?

Hi, Geoff...

No, it really wasn't too tough. A friend of mine put together a large database for me from the web, and then I contacted them each by telephone to ask if there was a specific contact person to whose attention I should mail a VO demo. This not only ensured that my packet got to the right person, it also let me know that the agency was interested in getting an unsolicited demo. The distance really didn't actually play into it at all - it was the same for the local agencies.

Another interesting resource to check out is voiceartist.com - there's a lot of good info there as well.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I used a similar approach using email "looking for the right contact person"

I am registered with voiceartist.com the site sends very few visitors to my site. I also registered with 1212.com the same can be said of it.

The most effective approach I have heard of it to actually do as you did and get down to some old fashioned telemarketing.

Maintaining those distance relationships without becoming a pest is also important. But to keep yourself top of mind with someone around the world is a challenge.

I think I should do a little reseach and try the agency approach.

Listen to my web site: www.geoffedwards.ca

Archived