Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synthesizer

Imbecilia

I wonder how import taxes come into play here with these two since they are european synths when shipping to the US. Anybody know?

Here is a quote from the Synthplanet FAQ.

"Non-EEC residents may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches their country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the customer; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be."

Even the VAT taxes are over 20%, meaning even in Eruope you pay about $1800 plus shipping. Not quite the deal it first seems to be.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Aeon, I think that the phrase "easily found" and then providing a link to a website in the UK is a bit of a stretch. Anyhow, the pricing on the European VAs is great. I was surprised everything from Europe wasn't as attractively priced. Thanks for the link, I MIGHT try them sometime.

Regarding :thu: . Looks to me like he's just giving a nice thumbs up, as in, "way to go Aeon!" :thu: But then there's that wink. I don't know. :( I consider communication on the Internet just a notch above morse code anyhow.

Busch.

Strangely enough, "girls" used to refer to teenagers/youths of both gender, in the same kind of way "guys" is now neutral (but not neuter, as it refers to males and females). IIRC, that usage of "girls" went out at least 200 years ago, but wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's still used that way in some dialects.

How about "Comrade"? Still gets a gender in most languages, but works.

"Would you like fries with that, Comrade?"

"Yes, please, Comrade".

-Bobro

Would there be an Andromeda without the Nord Lead?

Abso-fraggin-lutely. Play one.

The Andromeda is where synthesizers would have gone if the DX7 had never happened. It's about time.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Bobro:

Whoaaa.....forum software psychedelia! I posted to the "what is the equivalent of guys" thread in the SSS forum, didn't even have this thread open, and it appeared here! That's very cool.

-Bobro

Artificial Intelligence...

Laconic Deconstructivism

------------------------

Visit me:

..hexaChord - independent movement for artificial arts..

Archived