Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kawai MP9500?

Allan Speers

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allan

MP9500 is rated by keyboard magazine as best action and sound . MP9500 has a real grand piano action (you can't beat the real deal ! IMHO) .

I have played the MP9000 and I was told the MP9500 is even nicer ! The keyboard is heavey in weight . That's the only limitation IMO . dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Allan and folks

Finally got my mp9500 yesterday... if I was American I´d say it´s WONDERFUL and I LOVE it!! :love:

;)

But seriously, by first impressions, and trying to remember the mp9000, the action in the mp9500 is somewhat heavier... the counter-balancing in my opinion is realistic.

You guys try it yourselves as soon as possible! :P

Nuksu

PS. Dano which issue of Keyboard mag you mean? Thanks!

btw does anybody happen to have the German "Keyboards" issue 04/02? It also has a review on the mp9500.

Originally posted by nuksu:

Allan and folks

Finally got my mp9500 yesterday... if I was American I´d say it´s WONDERFUL and I LOVE it!! .

The mp9000 had a problem with the keys. The tops are plastic, the bottoms wood, and on some keys the fit was not good so that some keys had sharp edges. Has this been fixed? (Other than that and the weight, I really like this board)

The sounds: they sound great but I´m afraid I can´t say much about them yet except something in general of the preset sounds. The piano section has a couple of new ones, I like the warm jazz grand. The basic pianos there correspond to the mp9000 I guess. Then there´s plenty of EPs and drawbars/organs (I´m not very experienced with these, but there´s variety and they sound good to me), basses + marimba, vibraphone, strings, brasses, pads etc. Some synth-type variations as well, quite nice actually. 64 sounds altogether and 21 effects + 7 reverbs. 4 prog. zones, can all be set int/ext/both.

Haven´t noticed sharpness in the front or middle edges of the keys.

Hope this helps but it´s really about trying it yourself! Should be in stores by now already, or soon, also in Europe.

Nuksu

dano,

I thought it was a real grand action also, but This is not so. I just got info from a Kawai tech. he said it's not even a real escapement.

I'm almost certain that they used to advertise the MP9000 as having a real escapement. It sure felt like it. -Just a tad light for my taste.

Hoping to try the 9500 soon.

Originally posted by Allan Speers:

I'll just keep bumping this for a while. Sorry to be a pest, but it's hard to believe that only ONE person has played the 9500 so far.

Anyone?

I got to try one out in Portland Music. They seemed to have fixed the sharp edge problem. It sounds wonderful, even through the cheesy speakers they had it working through. Only thing was I wish there was a way to reset the defaults - I hacked on the various parameters and managed to mess the sound up something aweful! Probably there is a way to do that if you read the manual.

The action seemed fine.

What do these suckers weigh? I like the flat surface on top too - could probably just sit my top board on it without having to mess with stands.

Archived