Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vaporware Watch

Felix_dup1

Does anyone know if the following long-ago announced products are indeed shipping?

Alesis Andromeda (I know it shipped before - is it shipping again?)

M Audio Surface One

Minimoog Voyager

And feel free to add to this list. I know delays happen, but it's a shame if products don't hit when they're supposed to!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Andromeda is shipping again. The first shipment from the new factory came in a couple of weeks ago. Right now, the quantities are pretty small. The first batch was just over 30 units, the second - due this week - will be closer to 50. Europe will get a shipment of about 100 next week. Production will continue to slowly ramp up as we get the new factory on line.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by felix:

Summer NAMM this week in Nashville - sure would be exciting if some of these materialized...

Minimoog Voyager

-They will start shipping in August. I've been promised mine the first week of September.

Logic PhatChannel

Who knows. I would bet that It won't come out until after Oct. 1st. That way It'll only be available for mac. :cry:

Digital Performer 3.1 was supposed to be delivered first quarter of this year. Now, I don't expect it until after OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) ships on August 24th. The AES convention in early October seems like a good bet.

--------------------

I ordered a "Vaporware Watch" a few years ago. It never arrived!

Ba Da Bum! :D

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

I think the pain of waiting for 'new' classics is a double~edged sword for the marketers . . . on the one hand, you need to 'whet the public's appetite' for a product beforehand, but by the time the product's out, they may be fed up with your company!

I'm a sucker for wavetable synthesis; it's one of my favourite aspects of the SunSyn and if CreamWare doesn't release their Noah, I may eventually buy a MicroWave . . .

But I'm also a B3 lover, so imagine how excited I was with a completely upgradeable machine that offered those two for starters!

Their web site used to read, 'For a long time, there hasn't been a reason to buy a new synth. Coming this summer, all that has changed.' Now that has changed, too . . . the Noah page reads "For a long time there's been no good reason to buy a new synthesizer.

Starting spring 2003, there's Noah."

So what's going to happen between now and Spring 2003? What happened to the demo units they had at MusicMesse (that's the kind of thing that set it apart from a mere vaporware announcement in the first place!)

P.S. . . . Who's receiving their minimoog Voyager at the beginning of August? I thought they would have already started manufacture!

And yes, Andromeda back in production means one less 'I wonder what I could have done with . . .' running around in my head . . . very versatile, I wish the 'sound' was stronger . . . maybe that's changed since the first edition?

Steven Denike said:

I'm a sucker for wavetable synthesis; it's one of my favourite aspects of the SunSyn and if CreamWare doesn't release their Noah, I may eventually buy a MicroWave . . .

If you were really a sucker for wavetable synthesis, youd already own a MicroWave. :D [j/k]

Regardless of what Creamw@re does, go for the MicroWave anyway...the part of your brain that craves a deep mod matrix will thank you. :)

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while, and happily enough, some of the products that took a while to ship have become reality:

- Minimoog Voyager

- Hartmann Neuron

Others haven't quite made it to market yet (correct me if I'm wrong):

- M-Audio Surface One

Some have changed:

- Novation ReMote 25 (see it at www.novationusa.com)

And new vaporware has emerged (ok, it's not really vaporware, but it was announced a long time ago and still hasn't shipped):

- Alesis Ion

Anyone else want to add cool new gear that they can't wait to buy (if it ever got around to shipping)?

Originally posted by felix:

And new vaporware has emerged (ok, it's not really vaporware, but it was announced a long time ago and still hasn't shipped):

- Alesis Ion

I was at Alesis yesterday. The Ion has encountered a few more delays...looks like they won't be starting beta for a few weeks; and, if the beta goes well, they won't start programming the presets until mid-March.

Looks like my original estimate of a May 2003 ship date may not have been that far off...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

eKo eKo eKo eKo eKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKoeKo eKo eKo eKo :bor::bor:
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived