Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help: Keyboard Recommendations

Lanny2u2

Hi,

I'm wanting to purchase a keyboard on which to learn how to play/make music...I'm a beginner. I'm not looking for anything fancy right now, just something solid and decent sounding (I can always move up later). I don't have a lot of money to spend; $300 is my limit (like I said, not much). Can you recommend/suggest one to me?

Thanks for your time,

L

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, check ebay. That's about the best place to find cheap gear. Then, when you find something in your price range, come back and I'm sure we'll be able to give you more specific advice.

$300 ain't much :(

Here's a better tip. Do like the rest of us musicians and get yourself a rich girlfriend :thu:

Are you a total beginner ? Do you play at all ?

If you do play ......a GM (general midi) keyboard by Yamaha and some software might do the trick .

Software allows you to create music . A Yamaha PSR282 or EZ30 may be helpful ! Under $300.00

dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

The Yamaha PSR line offers quite nice sounds and good user interfaces. Some have built in games to help you learn how to play better. I'd say buy the best PSR you can afford and by it used on Ebay. I'm not sure of the model number but for some reason the 540 comes to mind as being available used for around that price?

Anyway, check Ebay and good luck!

Archived