Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

here are some new pics of my band

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote] [b]its called tejano, kind of tex mex. disco HA![/b] [/quote]Now I have the image of the Bee Gees doing Freddy Fender tunes in my head. :eek: :eek: And I want it out!!!! :freak: :D Looks like a fun group. :thu: Any audio samples available?
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

I got to play Tejano for several years while I lived in Albuquerque, NM. I played for Donna Christine e Rique con sus Agilas...(I think I spelled that correctly). It was lots of fun for a gringo, who can't speak a lick of spanish, to play the music! I had a blast. Loved the culture, food, people. Kinda reminded me of my Polka roots being born and raised in Wisconsin! Rick

I used to play a variety of 'tejano' called 'cajunto' in San Antonio. Just about everybody down there plays it and has the time of their lives doing it. Very unusual changes — just when your ear tells you to play a V chord, the song goes somewhere else. We would have fiddles, a squeezebox, horns and all kinds of stuff showing up. Every week there'd be a new band with just the singer, drummer and bassist there every week. What a trip.

Hey PsyCoaster! Is that light in your "Dance 3" picture really as cool as it looks? [img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/0/37/9/54803709RacxQb_ph.jpg[/img] [quote]Originally posted by PsyCoaster: [b]who is freddy fender? im not kidding either, i never heard of him.[/b][/quote]"I'll be there, before the next, teardrop falls." That was his big hit in the '70s. I'm not familiar with the rest of his work. And he did play guitar, but I don't think it was a Fender...

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived