Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Halion vs Gigasampler?

Allan Speers

Halion vs Gigasampler?

Halion will import Giga libraries. I had a Giga set-up last year (not the current version) and was VERY unimpressed. I don't know how much things changed after Tascam, but there's still no manual. I have a feeling that it's still the same old company.

So, has anyone used recent versions of both apps? Which do you prefer, and why?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giga is a great system, but I'm sad to say that the support went downhill since Tascam took-it over.

No 1-800 number anymore, waiting for 30 minutes on the phone etc.

Doesn't Tascam have more money than Nemesys had?

But like I said, I love the system and a manual is on it's way.

Poelo

Allan, I started two threads on this topic last year. They both have a lot of posts, some of which you may find helpful. Click here for The Keyboard Corner HALion vs. Gigasampler discussion and here for Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage HALion vs. Gigasampler discussion. (The SSS discussion is three pages long.)

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

By hitting a special key you can switch between sample set that are playing. Example, switching between fingered bass, slap base and bass effect samples to make it easier to play realistic parts without having to layer across MIDI channels and play the parts seperately.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

I agree, that's a major feature. I thought most Giga isnsts did that with the mod wheel, but I gues that's the same thing. (keys would be better, of course.)

Halion obviously can't import such a Gig inst, so how can they claim to be Giga compatible?

excellent point, thanks.

Archived