Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gentle Giant cover!

Bobro

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Cameron. Yeah, autopilot didn't work on that one. Had to do it the hard way.

I have an origninal on the first Keyboard Corner CD, but nothing else on the net. But if you like UK, I can point you to another cover...

Best,

Bart Garratt

Good job on the 30 Years peice, Bart. I don't know anything about the original version.

What's your take on the Oasys? Sounds like a hardware VA from the sound you're getting in this file, not a softsynth. AFAIK the card was not "blown out" here like it was in the US and I never got it or checked it out first hand.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

Good job on the 30 Years peice, Bart. I don't know anything about the original version.

UK is one of my favorite bands. "Thirty Years" is on the first album, released in 1978.

Here's the personnel on this record:

Eddie Jobson

John Whetton

Bill Bruford

Allan Holdsworth

What's your take on the Oasys? Sounds like a hardware VA from the sound you're getting in this file, not a softsynth.
You are correct, sir. It is a PCI card for Mac or PC. It features VA, PCM, and Physical Modeling synthesis, as well as effects processing. Oasys has excellent sounds and the best minimoog and clavinet emulations I have heard.

AFAIK the card was not "blown out" here like it was in the US and I never got it or checked it out first hand.

-CB

I hope you get a chance to try one sometime.

Bart Garratt

Archived