Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

...aaaaaaand we're back....


Dave Bryce

Recommended Posts

Love to visit Germany, but I'm definitely glad to be back home.

 

Thanks to Soapbox for doing a bang-up job whilst I and my tremendous girth were overseas (it was really expensive having to pay for two seats... :D;) ).

 

The Messe was a great time. I didn't get a chance to see much, but I do think that the new Creamware synth is very promising (it was still in proto form...). Also, I heard a lot of good feedback over the new Hammond B3, even though I didn't get a chance to see it.

 

I wish I'd have been able to see more, but of course I spent most of my time eating... :D:rolleyes::D

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Love to visit Germany, but I'm definitely glad to be back home.

 

Thanks to Soapbox for doing a bang-up job whilst I and my tremendous girth were overseas (it was really expensive having to pay for two seats... :D;) ).

 

The Messe was a great time. I didn't get a chance to see much, but I do think that the new Creamware synth is very promising (it was still in proto form...). Also, I heard a lot of good feedback over the new Hammond B3, even though I didn't get a chance to see it.

 

I wish I'd have been able to see more, but of course I spent most of my time eating... :D:rolleyes::D

 

dB

And THE thing? The Hartmann?

Laconic Deconstructivism

------------------------

Visit me:

..hexaChord - independent movement for artificial arts..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya know, I tried to stop Jeff, but then the others started posting too, and then Soapbox started abusing his moderator status...editing all my posts that originally said "All of you!!! Stop picking on Dave!!! He's our moderator and he'll be back soon so cut it out!!!"...and anyway I think someone must have been using my computer when I wasn't home (I thought I smelled cat vomit)...I was at the movies with my son watching "Ice Age"...which, by the way was not a bad movie...then the Laker game came on, so it couldn't have been me (Lakers 105-Mavchicks 103)...hey, look behind you...you're shoe's untied...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Dave, I'm curious. I saw Messe advertised as the biggest music instrument show any where. Hard for me to imagine a show bigger than NAMM. Is it?

Much bigger - it's not even close. The piano hall alone is beyond belief...and a great deal of fun, too... :thu:

 

Yamaha had their own city there this year. Really...

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Amazing. I can see where the piano section in particular could be a lot bigger, it's pretty wimpy at NAMM.

 

Busch.

Oh, it's one of the highlights of the show for me...some time on the big Bosendorfers...then over to the 11 foot Fazioli...then a trip to the Steinway booth....

 

Yeah, baby... :love:

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Dave, I'm curious. I saw Messe advertised as the biggest music instrument show any where. Hard for me to imagine a show bigger than NAMM. Is it?

The Messe is big...ridiculously big. Like, if you take a NAMM, and add on an AES, then add a big section on live sound than you'd find at either of those others shows...

 

...you're still not as big as Messe.

 

Welcome back, Dave.

 

- Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had no idea how big the Messe was going to be. Eight hours wasn't nearly enough time. Sorry I missed saying goodbye Saturday evening, Dave- I was in Disneyland at the end of the day. Yamahaland that is, enjoying the Silent Brass Quintet. BZB will come next year and we'll spend more time, maybe make a mini vacation of it.

 

-CB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

I'LL go to Europe and YOU can

go to Meridian, Mississippi.

Awww, jeeez. What are you doing with Peavey, young lady? I believe that's the only business in the town you're in, Valky girl, unless you've set up a moonshine operation.

 

- Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

OK Dave...

 

Let's make a deal...

 

Next time we both have to travel..

 

I'LL go to Europe and YOU can

go to Meridian, Mississippi.

 

What the #$@^& am I doing here?

I don't think this town could

take your energy... or speed. :D

 

Valky

Meridian, MS!!! Sorry, but, I find that cool. I mean, but you've gotta have a beat up ol' guitar, a bottleneck slide...just sold yer soul to the devil down at the crossroads, a hellhound on your tail, a bottle o' wine, and somebody's gotta jes done you wrong...

 

Lawd, Lawd, gimme da blooze jes' thinkin' bout it...

 

Ba bada ba dum...(play da blooze)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by wager47:

the Meridian website says SwingDance America is today! get on it! or is that your gig?

 

and just a few days until the big Meridian Symphony Association

Annual Crawfish Boil!!

Oh...my Gawd... how did you find

that web site!

 

I already knew about the Crawfish Boil....

it's in the events guide at my MicoTel INN.

 

It's a whole other world here...

 

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

I'LL go to Europe and YOU can

go to Meridian, Mississippi.

Awww, jeeez. What are you doing with Peavey, young lady? I believe that's the only business in the town you're in, Valky girl, unless you've set up a moonshine operation.

 

- Jeff

Moonshine!

 

Yes, I'm here in Peavey Land, Mississippi.

Saw Mr. Hartly Peavey today....

I'm here for some Media Matrix

training.

 

Peavey is sending me

on the big Peavey buss to

the casino tomorrow night....

what a life....

...what a town.... :D

 

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, Dave, I'm back too,

sorry I didn't have a chance to say bye, I came back next day and you were gone.

I finalized with 3 new brands for import in my country: Analogue Solutions (modulars) , Vermona (analogs), and Virsyn (software), so I'm pretty satisfied.

Trip was horrifying and I got home really squashed, but work overe here was waiting so back on track.

Next week we have the big Stage Lighting & Live Sound/DJ trade show in Italy, which is the largest in Europe for that, in the new Rimini Fair grounds which are about 10 times larger than the old ones, outside the city, not that much smaller than Frankfurt, actually.

And next month again, it's the Disma Music Show, Italy's Messe.

Ciao a tutti

 

Max

Max Ventura, Italy.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by argomax:

Hey, Dave, I'm back too,

sorry I didn't have a chance to say bye, I came back next day and you were gone.

I finalized with 3 new brands for import in my country: Analogue Solutions (modulars) , Vermona (analogs), and Virsyn (software), so I'm pretty satisfied.

Trip was horrifying and I got home really squashed, but work overe here was waiting so back on track.

Next week we have the big Stage Lighting & Live Sound/DJ trade show in Italy, which is the largest in Europe for that, in the new Rimini Fair grounds which are about 10 times larger than the old ones, outside the city, not that much smaller than Frankfurt, actually.

And next month again, it's the Disma Music Show, Italy's Messe.

Ciao a tutti

 

Max

Hey Max I'm glad you're the Vermona distributor. I love their stuff- I've got an original (DDR) Vermona synth, and their DAF-1 unit, and just bought a DDR-era Vermona 16-channel mixer the other day, and the HDB (same guys) dual tube mic pre-amp is next! Hope you do really well with them.

 

-CB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...