Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on buying / setting up sound modules

Jonah

I am going to blow all of my tax rebate plus some personal savings on gear (~1K). I am currently using a Korg N1 for everything (pianos, organs, pads, strings, etc.) The keyboard has been extremely reliable and I would describe the sounds as adequate for my needs--but I know I can do way better. Especially my organs, they are thin.

What are your recommendations to get a good organ sound for 1K. Should I get a module or another keyboard? How about getting that leslie sound. If I have money left over, I would like to improve my piano sounds while keeping the N1 as a controller. Any tips on purchasing / using modules. (I have played modules before but have never used them on my rig).

Jonah

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you're looking mostly for piano and organ, I would look into the kurzweil pc2r. The piano is very good (probably the best in a module), and the kb3 mode is a also very good as a b3 emulator.

They have a micro-ensemble module coming out which will be cheaper, have less functionality, but may do what you need.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I'm also a fan of the Kurzweil KB3 mode, and recommend a K2000/2500 series module; or if you like the Kurzweil action, get the keyboard and get a separate module with the Korg sounds, since you aren't that wild about the Korg sounds you can replace that module later on with another module or software synth.

Archived