Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is anyone using a Fatar SL1100?

RABid

I have considered this because I need an 88 note hammer action controller but do not need sound. I have seen these in Guitar Center stores but they are always damaged. Do they hold up better with studio use? I hate to spend extra for sound when I do not need it.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had my SL-1100 for close to 4 years now, and it has held up beautifully. Play it just about every day, and, on occasion, it takes a pounding... ;) Honestly, I have only good things to say about it, and if it were stolen tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate to go right out and buy another one.

In particular, the SL-1100 has a feel that I happen to really like -- I believe it is the same keybed used on the Alesis QS-8.

Jim

Originally posted by Rabid:

I have considered this because I need an 88 note hammer action controller but do not need sound...

Robert

I use a SL-880 in the studio and have had no problems over the past 6 mos. It has the best response and feel of any keyboard controller that I've tried. I have been told that reliability problems mainly rise from the rigors of road use.

John Dreyer

Archived