Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Midi Controller Keyboard smaller than the Oxygen 8, ????? .... anyone

Nawledge

not the Yamaha Qy70, hopefully that has usb? even if it does'nt as long as it has a midi out i'd like to hear about it, the oxygen 8 is cool, and i have one but i'd like to get one that is just a little bit smaller to go along with my laptop and reason, which the oxy 8 does great but i want something even smaller.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How small do you need to go? :)

I remember PAIA used to have something that was only one octave + 1 key long... don't know if they still have it.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I mean physically. and if the keys are smaller that's ok too. just as long as i can get the form factor down in size a little bit.

who is Paia, is that a store somewhere, could you direct me to them.

Yamaha has a couple of midi mini-key velo-sens keyboards.

PAiA is a company that makes modular kits. pretty cool stuff- they even offer ready-to-build kits for Craig's "Electronic Projects..." book.

i think what you really want is a 2 or 3 octave mini midi velo-sens keyboard with 8 mpc-style pads, 4 CC knobs, transport controls, and usb for $300, right?

let me know when someone makes one :(:D

• 1 month later...

Damn I forgot where I had posted this, thanx alot folks i'm going to check'em all out. if anybody has any other suggestions please post up.

very funny wager47, you had me goin there for a moment. :D

Man, I did get worried for a second. April fool's day is long and gone. :)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived