Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

steadyb and the Lakers

Dan South

Hey, steadyb!

I sent you a private message. Please check it when you get a minute.

Thanks!

Dan

:)

P.S. Jordan had surgery yesterday.

:(

Guess the Lakers may have a chance this year, after all.

;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan South:

Hey, steadyb!

I sent you a private message. Please check it when you get a minute.

Thanks!

Dan

:)

P.S. Jordan had surgery yesterday.

I just sent you a reply.

Yeah, too bad about Jordan, he really proved my pre-season predictions about him wrong. The guy's a winner and everybody else in the east should thank their lucky stars they won't have to deal with him in the playoffs, 'cause that's where he'd really show them who's who.

Of course the Lakers would have destroyed the Wizards, but that's not Mike's fault, Kobe already schooled him twice this year, in the All-Star game and at Staples Center...both times without Shaq.

steadyb

Apparently, the only way the Lakers are going to lose this year is if one of the *last place* teams in the NBA somehow makes the playoff. The Grizzlies, Bulls. They're the ones that have given the Lakers problems this year.

Which inspires me to hope, though a distant hope, that the Lakers might just have gotten a little too blase about losing this year, believing they can turn it on when it counts, at will, simply by virtue of being their awesome selves. And their Diamondbacks await. Maybe a Sacramento or San Antonio, or a Dallas, can pull off a shocker. Probably not, but I have to find some reason to be interested.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

...but I've got to admit Sacramento scares the hell out of me...if Lakers/Sac meet in the playoffs anything can happen.

Sacramento is a sub-500 team on the road, the Lakers will probably catch them before the season ends, and even if they don't, they can take 2 of 4 in Sacramento at least.

Also remember that of the Lakers 17 losses, 7 or 8 of them have come while taking a night off against last place teams.That puts them 5 games better than the Kings against teams that count.

The game they lost against the T-Wolves the other night was in Minnesota, the 2nd of back to back games, at the end of an 8 day, 5 game raod trip, in which they went 4-1.

Of course, Kings fans can dream, can't they???

Don't worry Steve, we'll be sitting at Yankee Doodles with Dave, watching the Lakers in the finals once again.

steadyb

Archived