Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

opinions...

Cowfingers

well i tried the "lets hear it" thread, but with no answers, so i'll try this- my music

i'm sorry if this pisses people off,that i'm not sticking to the correct thread but i'd really like to get some feedback from unbiased people (friends just cant tell the hard truth!).

The songs on the website were recorded really quickly (13 hours for nine tracks) and mixed quickly so there are a couple of bum notes and some dodgy timing now and again (damn studios are expensive when your still in full time edcuation!)

anyway i'd love some honest commentary.

thanks

-starfucker

Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's not bad at all. But as you said...it's in the wrong context. You're lucky you didn't try this on the SSS forum, you'd have been massacred ;)

If everyone here with tunes on the net posted a new thread, there'd be no room for the real q&a type posts. Try it on our "Let's hear it thread" or Andertons "Are you really any good..." thread. Be patient, though! ~nel

As a rule, a really good way to get your music listened to on the "Let's Hear It" thread seems to be to listen to some of the music that's already there, share your comments, and then post where your tunes can be found. It's a pretty good bet that if you listen to other people's stuff and tell them what you think that they'll return the favor.

Just a suggestion,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

STARF'ER!!!!! haven't seen you for ages!!!

i listened to about 30 seconds of studio blues and thought i'd better have a decent listen tomorrow because it's 11:30pm and my wife is asleep only a few metres away from me. so i'll listen tomorrow and post some more stuff. are you using the oberheim b3 sim?

pray,

kendall

"Consider how much coffee you're drinking - it's probably not enough."

are you using the oberheim b3 sim?
hey there..Yeah, i'm using the OB3'2 most of the time..and i still think keyboard version is brilliant value compaired to the Roland or Korgs. Though i guess it does sound a little digital and I only recorded it in mono so the Leslie Sim sounds a little weedy but hell - an organs an organ!

-starfucker

ok, MY opinion:

i think your playing's pretty good. some of the songs did tend to drag out a bit, and could have been a bit more exciting. maybe it was just because i was using dial-up (not broadband), but it sounded a little empty sometimes. as you said, there are a few dodgy notes here and there, but that's kewl. i think your playing/keyboard riffs & and keys arrangements are quite imaginative at times, ie. floyd's slip. i think that's probably the best track - listening to it now. studio blues is pretty cool too. i'm sure a proper demo would make this stuff rock even more. oh one more thing (more of a personal thing), even though the leslie sim is maybe not all there, i reckon a bit more switching between fast and slow would be good. but as i said, that's just me, because i switch between fast and slow quite regularly.

if i get my act together and stop being so melancholy about the perfection of my demos, i might actually get some stuff posted, which i will require a thorough pulling apart of. ohh - nice solo here in studio blues, it's on now.

one more thing - does mp3.com cost? and how old are you, just wondering? good stuff dude.

pray for peace,

kendall

"Consider how much coffee you're drinking - it's probably not enough."

thanks for listening...just out of intreast, which do you think dragged out too long? we might change around the arrangement a bit for them.

mp3.com is free, you just sign up and upload. there is a delay of about a week for approval and then everything is ready.

I'm 19, so is the guitarist and bassist.the drummer is 20.

cheers-i look forward to hearing your stuff

-starfucker

Archived