Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Burning a continuous run CD?

Hey peoples, I've got a few tracks with similar intros+outs+tempos that I would like to burn as a seemlessly running cd. Nero automatically places a 2 second pause between the tracks. Do I need to buy another burning program? Any budget suggestions? Would I have to make one long track and use markers? Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adaptec CD Creator (and this is an old copy) has a feature called, "Disc at once," which creates a disk with no 2 second pauses between tracks. I used it to dump the entire audio tracks from an VHS movie onto an 80 minute CD. (Nobody had the soundtrack available, so I made one myself.) This particular movie soundtrack has no real start/end points between songs. I cut and spliced to allow for direct access, but leaving any silence was unacceptable.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Disc at once (DAO) means the CD is burned without the lazer being turned on and off, but does not change the default track gaps. this function causes less overrun errors. Nero 5 will allow you to change the track gap time to zero seconds. I believe the process is to, in the NERO window, dbl click each track, then adjust the gap time. (You can also add other info, track naming, ISRC codes, etc.) See their help menu on track gap for specifics. Hope this is helpful.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

[quote]Originally posted by where02190: [b]Nero 5 will allow you to change the track gap time to zero seconds. I believe the process is to, in the NERO window, dbl click each track, then adjust the gap time. (You can also add other info, track naming, ISRC codes, etc.) See their help menu on track gap for specifics. [/b][/quote]Yes, that's all you do. Double click (or left click... whichever) the song once you've dragged it over for recording and select 0 seconds. It actually does 0s. Not 0.25s or something. It's nice and seamless.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

[quote]Originally posted by where02190: [b]Disc at once (DAO) means the CD is burned without the lazer being turned on and off, but does not change the default track gaps. this function causes less overrun errors...[/b][/quote]This may be true, however, it DOES eliminate track gaps on CD Creator. I can't speak for any other software, but as I said, [i]I've accomplished no pauses this way.[/i]

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Why not bring the individual tracks into a 2-track editor (soundforge) and fade them together? You could then create the CD with the new version of pryo that allows you to add track starts in the middle of long audio passasges.
...think funky thoughts... :freak:

The best news of all is that CD Architect is coming back from Sonic Foundry. I always found that the best way to burn music CDs, bar none...and now it allows plug-ins and such. I'm really looking forward to it.

[quote]Originally posted by matt C: [b]You could then create the CD with the new version of pryo that allows you to add track starts in the middle of long audio passasges.[/b][/quote]I'm really curious about the new version of Pyro. It's very inexpensive and has some great features if they work well. Do the noise reduction and pop and click filters actually do what they're suppose to?

Here are some tutorials on burning CD-R's [url=http://www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/cds/cdmain.asp]Computer Music[/url] [url=http://the-predator.tripod.com/dell/sec8-1.htm]Preditor[/url] [url=http://www.webtechgeek.com/center-Frame-Burning-CDR.htm]WebTechGeek[/url]

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived