Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave - Frankfurt topic

Max Ventura

Hi Dave. I told you I was gonna be at the Marriott, but I actually switched to another close to the airport because it's way cheaper and also easier for car rental locations. I decide I'm not gonna drive to Germany.

Ill be there the 15,16 and 17. I couldn't see the post regarding the dinner, so anyway count me in for sure. I gave you my cell phone, but in any case we should be able to meet, I should be most of the time in Doepfer's or Elektron's booths, I'm their importer in Italy. I know what you & Craig look like, who else's gonna be there?

Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be most of the time in Doepfer's or Elektron's booths, I'm their importer in Italy.

I'll be in the ADAM booth in Halle 6.1 most of the show. We'll hook up - I'm sure...

I know what you & Craig look like, who else's gonna be there?

Well, besides us, Cameron Bobro and Mike Peake are supposed to make it for sure. I'll alsoo probably ask Anderton. There's been a few other maybes - anyone else's plans firm up?

Marino?

Pim?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Originally posted by argomax:

Hi Dave. I told you I was gonna be at the Marriott, but I actually switched to another close to the airport because it's way cheaper and also easier for car rental locations. I decide I'm not gonna drive to Germany.

Ill be there the 15,16 and 17. I couldn't see the post regarding the dinner, so anyway count me in for sure. I gave you my cell phone, but in any case we should be able to meet, I should be most of the time in Doepfer's or Elektron's booths, I'm their importer in Italy. I know what you & Craig look like, who else's gonna be there?

Doepfer distrubtor, eh...arrg! One of those evil people who knows how to ruin me. Well I don't plan on a modular and some necessary repairs/building til this summer. An engineer friend is coming to visit from "south of the border"- I've got a pretty steady hand on the soldering iron but someone's gotta show me where to put it. ( :D ) BTW in Fano you're straight across the Adriatic from where we vacation, Mali Loinj, Dalmacija- man are you right about the waves, and they're WARM and CLEAN, not like SoCal.

-CB

Still don't know, sorry. Indaco, one of the groups I play in, is recording a new album precisely in those days. A few people I know are going to go, so if I can join I'll catch a plane for a one-day trip, hoping I can share a room with someone. But I'm afraid I'm not going to know until the last days.

BOBRO,

yes, I am actually across the sea from there, but if you look at the water there and the water where I am, it's a huge difference. Over there it's clean like crystal. Over here it's full of seaweeds so that the colour is yellowish-green, and we cant seem to be able to do anything about it...

Max Ventura, Italy.

Originally posted by Pim:

I'll be @ the Messe on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

Awwww...you can't stay until Friday? Rats...Tuesday is not even a show day...

Hmmm...well, worse comes to worse, perhaps you and I will just have dinner one of the other nights, yes?

What about the rest of you? Can we move the dinner to, say, Thursday night?

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'll be @ the Messe on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

Awwww...you can't stay until Friday? Rats...Tuesday is not even a show day...

Hmmm...well, worse comes to worse, perhaps you and I will just have dinner one of the other nights, yes?

What about the rest of you? Can we move the dinner to, say, Thursday night?

dB

Arrg! I already booked a hotel for Friday night- and it was the last room in the place. Finding a flop within reasonable distance at the last minute might not be so easy you guys and gals who haven't decided yet. Well I'm always up for drinks of course whatever happens with the dinner date.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

Arrg! I already booked a hotel for Friday night- and it was the last room in the place.

Well - there you go...the dinner stays on Friday night. :D

Pim, either we will go out on a different evening, or you will be forcibly detained in Frankfurt so you can join us on Friday.

Or, perhaps, both. ;)

Mr. Anderton has also expressed interest in joining us, BTW...

dB

Originally posted by peake@pacificnet.net:

Yay Pim!

Pim, either we will go out on a different evening, or you will be forcibly detained in Frankfurt so you can join us on Friday.

Or, perhaps, both. ;)

Mr. Anderton has also expressed interest in joining us, BTW...

dB

Hey! We are supposed to work over there, guys... ;):D
:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Hey! We are supposed to work over there, guys... ;):D

Mm-hmm...so, what you're saying is that we should be hanging around and talking about gear with other people who are also interested in it...

...so, is that the trade show, or the dinner? :D;):D

Happy is the person whose avocation is their vocation. http://216.40.201.155/s/otn/wink/thumb.gif

dB

[qb]

Happy is the person whose avocation is their vocation.

dB

Interestingly enough, that's a pretty good description of the "Puritan work ethic" before it was quickly corrupted into "lick boss' ass and don't complain, prole". :D

-CB

dB

Mike, Dave (and others who can't come at Friday) Wednesday or Thursday?

Italian? I liked it a lot last time. (Don't impersonate The Godfather Dave!!! Very dangerous overthere... :D )

Mike, Dave (and others who can't come at Friday) Wednesday or Thursday?

Italian? I liked it a lot last time.

Sure, I'm always up for dinner at Gallo Nero. Either Wednesday or Thursday are fine w/me - you call it.

dB

Thursday is a no-go for me. I'll be at the Superbooth lounge show at SpacePlace watching Monolake and other prime German electronic bands...

Gallo Nero, huh? Argh :-)

Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

Originally posted by peake@pacificnet.net:

Thursday is a no-go for me. I'll be at the Superbooth lounge show at SpacePlace watching Monolake and other prime German electronic bands...

Gallo Nero, huh? Argh :-)

Can't you buy the CD instead? ;)

Hey Dave, is Stacey @ the Messe? Maybe she can join us.

Can't you buy the CD instead? ;)

Or, we could have an earlier dinner, and perhaps all go there afterwards...I mean seriously - how early do these guys start playing, anyway?

Hey Dave, is Stacey @ the Messe?

Nope - she's staying home this year.

dB

Yeah, but is the Friday dinner confirmed? Because i'm getting there that very afternoon!

Somebody needs to catch up with me if I cant make it to the show before I check into hotel.

Yes, we're still doing dinner Friday night. I was gonna suggest that wwe all meet at the ADAM booth at 6PM....errrr, sorry, I meant 18:00, but if Max (or anyone else) won't be at the show, that won't work, will it? Plus, I wasn't planning on finding a place for us to eat until I got there, and I don't think I'm taking a computer so communication could be interesting.

Hmmmm...

Well, I'm staying at the Marriott Courtyard Messe, which is right by the Messe grounds. Maybe we can meet there?

Opinions? I'm open for suggestions...

dB

*bump*

Guys, I am leaving for Germany on Monday morning. I do not think that I will have a computer while I am there, so I'd really like to know what we're planning before then.

As it stands right now, we're going to try and do a dinner on Friday night. Can we get a head count on who will definitely be attending?

For lack of a better solution, I propose that we meet at the ADAM booth (Halle 6.1, booth D65) on Friday night at 6 PM. Does this not work for anyone who'd like to make the dinner?

dB

Dave,

I will land at about 5 pm, and it'll take me sometime to either reach the show or reach my hotel. In any case, I am kinda quick, so I can get ready pretty soon. I'd like to check into hotel first, though. I don't want to come to dinner with my travel bag.

If you don't see me at the Adam booth you'll meet me at the Marriott concierge about 7 pm, I'll manage to get there in time I hope. But please, write down my cellphone number, and call me if you haven't seen me by 7; otherwise is gonna be very difficult to meet.

You have to dial italy's country code first, because it works like you are calling me in Italy even if I am in Germany.

(++39) 348 9291944.

Thanks.

Max

Max Ventura, Italy.

Dave,

I will land at about 5 pm, and it'll take me sometime to either reach the show or reach my hotel. In any case, I am kinda quick, so I can get ready pretty soon. I'd like to check into hotel first, though. I don't want to come to dinner with my travel bag.

If you don't see me at the Adam booth you'll meet me at the Marriott concierge about 7 pm, I'll manage to get there in time I hope.

If you're landing at 5, I believe that it'll be very difficult for you to get to the ADAM booth by 6. Perhaps what the rest of us will do is that after we meet at the show, we'll go over to the Marriott Courtyard Messe bar, and have a drink while we wait for you.

If this varies, I'll call you on your cell, okay?

See you soon, Max!

dB

Archived