Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emagic EVP88 VST?


RABid

Recommended Posts

Found a catalog in the mail when I got home today from one of the national chains. When I looked at the software section is listed the Logic EVP88 Vintage Piano 88 VST as a VST virtual vintage electric piano. From what I read earlier only the 73 was VST. Is this a mistake or is a VST version of 88 coming to market? Nothing that I could find on the emagic site.

 

Robert

This post edited for speling.
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rabid:

Found a catalog in the mail when I got home today from one of the national chains. When I looked at the software section is listed the Logic EVP88 Vintage Piano 88 VST as a VST virtual vintage electric piano. From what I read earlier only the 73 was VST. Is this a mistake or is a VST version of 88 coming to market? Nothing that I could find on the emagic site.

 

Robert

It's a mistake.

 

You are correct that the EVP73 is VST and the EVP88 is not.

If I hear of anything that suggests that will change anytime in the future, I'll let you guys (and gals) know.

 

steadyb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought you might come through with an answer. :)

 

Now for another question.

 

Emagic has a few things I would like to run, such as the EV88, ES1 and EXS24. However, I am too invested in Sonar and my VST/DXi collection to abandon that or go for the full Logic program, though I have considered Logic Plat or Gold. Is there a light version of Logic for Windows that will allow me to run these instruments and output either to sound card or hard drive?

 

Robert

This post edited for speling.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a new contender in the physical modeling electric piano world. It supports all the major formats plus standalone (Mac and PC). Looks like they're using the Native Instruments model of supporting a lot of platforms, which I very much appreciate. Due out in March.

 

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Applied_Acoustics/PR/Lounge-Lizard-Piano.html

 

Busch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Rabid:

Now for another question.

 

Is there a light version of Logic for Windows that will allow me to run these instruments and output either to sound card or hard drive?

 

Robert

MicroLogicAV supports all the Emagic Audio Instruments, and you can probably find it for well under a hundred bucks.

It supports:

ASIO

Audiowerk2

Audiowerk8

AV/EASI: Stereo Wave Driver Support

Digidesign Direct I/O

EASI - DS

EASI support

EASI/MME: Multichannel/Multistereo Wave Driver Support .

It is limited, however to 16 bit. I believe all 5.0 versions of Logic will be 24bit, but Platinum is the only one with a 5.0 version right now. The others (Gold, Silver, Micro) are still a few to several months away.

That said, MicroLogic is a very inexpensive way to access all the Emagic instruments (including-coming soon- the ES2 and EVOC20 Vocoder)

If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

 

steadyb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, we now have modeled Hammonds and Rhodes/Wurlys that are noticeably better than their sampled counterparts. GeneralMusic has come out with a modeled grand piano which is supposed to be really good. It's only a matter of time before a modeled grand finds its way into a PC.

 

They're all doing their part - helping to stamp out velocity-switching :D

I used to think I was Libertarian. Until I saw their platform; now I know I'm no more Libertarian than I am RepubliCrat or neoCON or Liberal or Socialist.

 

This ain't no track meet; this is football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Chris100:

Originally posted by coyote:

They're all doing their part - helping to stamp out velocity-switching :D

damn right!!! :D

 

Into battle, then!

 

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

 

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition;

 

And gentlemen in Keyboard Korner now-a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Velocity-Switchless Wednesday. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by GuestUser@GuestUser.com:

Into battle, then!

 

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

 

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition;

 

And gentlemen in Keyboard Korner now-a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Velocity-Switchless Wednesday. :D

LOL! I was wondering if guestuser was going to show up. But it seems your infamous signature is gone.. :(
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Chris100:

But it seems your infamous signature is gone.. :( [/QB]

I still have the sig, but for some reason, sometimes appears, and sometimes it doesn't. I think it might have something to do with posting from two different computers, with two different operating systems? Or maybe because I usually have cookies disabled, I don't know.

 

Just to be safe, I'll type it in as part of my message: ****** Please Help Stamp Out Velocity-Switching !!! ******

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...