Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KORG stuff stolen from KORG

Dan O

Hello keyboard guru's ,

I friend of mine at KORG USA informed me that Korg recently

had quite a few KORG PA80's stolen ( 30 to 40) from NJ/NY airport . This is a high end arranger keyboard from KORG .

Expansion cards were stolen as well . Be CAREFUL if these items come about . dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the thief is brave enough as to post on the "Post pics of your studio" thread, I guess there's some chance to track him down... or does anybody else has a studio with thirty-something PA-80's? :D I think only Dan South and his Triton fleet comes close to that... :D
= blue =

Yea. I can remember a period in the late 70's when rural music stores had a horrible time getting any special order. Anything shipped in a guitar shaped case frequently disapeared before it reached the destination, and more often than not it was someone within the shipping company.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

That really sucks.

Without naming names, every time there's been a major theft from a company I've worked for, it's inevitably discovered that it was an inside job.

About seven years ago, an entire truck full of multitrack recorders was stolen, with a value of roughly $160,000. The driver was found in the empty truck, tied and gagged with duct tape. And, of course, as it turned out, the thieves were the two best friends of the driver -- they'd staged the whole thing. They managed to unload a bunch of the merchandise before getting caught, but since these particular recorders had a tendency to break and the company flagged the serial numbers in the system (and sent the info out to all service centers), many of them were recovered when unsuspecting people brought them in to have heads cleaned and idler wheels replaced.

- Jeff

NY/NJ?... smells like Tony S. My bets are on Christopher Moltisanti. His girlfriend, Adriana, is "into" the music business. But then so is Silvio, to a degree. Definately not the type of thing Paulie or Big Pussy (Big Pussy is dead, right?) would heist. With Hess' connections, they on the street into the hands of needed up-and-coming artists by now.

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

That really sucks.

Without naming names, every time there's been a major theft from a company I've worked for, it's inevitably discovered that it was an inside job.

About seven years ago, an entire truck full of multitrack recorders was stolen, with a value of roughly $160,000. The driver was found in the empty truck, tied and gagged with duct tape. And, of course, as it turned out, the thieves were the two best friends of the driver -- they'd staged the whole thing. They managed to unload a bunch of the merchandise before getting caught, but since these particular recorders had a tendency to break and the company flagged the serial numbers in the system (and sent the info out to all service centers), many of them were recovered when unsuspecting people brought them in to have heads cleaned and idler wheels replaced.

- Jeff

And the moral of the story is- manufacturers, shoddy gear is your best long-term anti-theft protection scheme! To really deter theft, just make such crappy gear that noone would ever steal it or make it so hideous no thief would be caught dead with it- I'm trying to imagine a truckload of Fizmos being purloined...

;)

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

I'm trying to imagine a truckload of Fizmos being purloined...
I'm trying to imagine a truckload of Fizmos in any situation, but my brain can't wrap itself around the horror of that visual. :D

- Jeff

Originally posted by Rabid:

Nice to know our nation's airport security has really improved of late.

They were stealing them! If they had been smuggling them back into the warehouse, they would have been caught.

(Years ago Australia Post brought out a "computer phone" which was a Sinclair Quantum Leap with a phone glued to the side - the joke was they had had to double the guards on the warehouse to prevent customers smuggling them back in)

Archived