Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cover CD - who wants one?

Dave Bryce

Okay, my brothers and sisters...

The time has come for me to try and get a handle on how many of these suckers I'll need to have produced. If there's enough of them, I think I can do it for $10 a piece, even including the shipping.

So (including the folks who have submitted tunes) who here thinks they're gonna want one?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Okay, my brothers and sisters...

The time has come for me to try and get a handle on how many of these suckers I'll need to have produced. If there's enough of them, I think I can do it for $10 a piece, even including the shipping.

So (including the folks who have submitted tunes) who here thinks they're gonna want one?

dB

Does that mean all submissions are in??? No more entries??? I guess I'll try and have one ready for Volume 2.

steadyb

Originally posted by steadyb:

Does that mean all submissions are in??? No more entries???

Right now, the total time of the CD is 69 minutes. I can fit one more tune, as long as it's under five minutes. Dan South has said he's got one. Jeff Tascam Guy has said that he's got one too; but, as he is a self acclaimed flake, I ain't holding my breath... ;)

Do you have something ready or near ready?

dB

I'll take at least one. If they're selling for $10, I'll take two. :)

BTW, my tune is 4:40, not 3:40 like you mentioned on the other thread. Sorry to be redundant, but I hope this won't turn out to be a mistake that prevents one more tune from squeezing in. :eek:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Gee, what happened to the question mark icon?

It's still there...

Dave, if you don't mind a really dumb question:

I just got here.

What's this cover CD thing?

Huh? Whazzup?

We're always talking about music...we thought it might be nice to hear what each other is doing...

Consequently, we started doing Keyboard Corner compilation CDs of material from forum members last year. The first one was a double CD of all-original material (they're all gone). The tunes are all still posted at this mp3 site if you wanna hear 'em...

Now, we're doing one of cover tunes.

Who knows what's up next...I think we should do a CD of cover tunes of Cameron Bobro's originals. I wanna do Jantar... :D

dB

Who knows what's up next...I think we should do a CD of cover tunes of Cameron Bobro's originals. I wanna do Jantar... :D

dB

Nuh uh. I called Jantar. ( I too have been immensely enjoying an advance copy of Avast, Ye Scury Dogs.) But the big question, Dave, is which one of us is going to *sing* Jantar??
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Well, if that's you singing on yer Tom Waits tune, I vote for you.

dB

I wish that it were, but that's my buddy Dave Wills on the Waits tune, a frequent contributor to Celebrity Death Match and all around radio whiz kid because of his incredibly malleable voice. So the moral is that we're going to have to get Cameron to sing all the parts on the Kosmolith cover CD...
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by PAULIII:

How do we send payment?

To the same PO box, along with the address where you want your CD(s) sent.

We're still not sure how much it's gonna be, though, because I don't know how many need to be made. That'll mostly be determined by the demand gauged by this thread. If it looks like 50 CDs wil be bought, it'll be $10. If it's less than that, it may be more...remember, I have to figure in postage and packaging as well.

dB

Dave, cool!!

I definitely want to buy at least 3 of them. I work at the radio station (in its production studio), so I have

quite a "hand" here and can deliver one of those CDs right to the chief of our music library. So, one for me,

another one for the radio station (Radio Kuku) and the third one ... just for every occasion :D .

Vlad

I am back.

dB

Hehe! You characters you... that would be cool. A shredding Moog solo instead of the short planky FM zither solo would be sweet! Dave Wills could do a great job, who would do Bernarda's parts?

Next compilation the length of all tunes should be set at... 4:20! We could do a joint effort with High Times magazines... (joint effort...uh never mind :) ).

-CB

Sorry for being late... I want one, of course!

I think we should do a CD of cover tunes of Cameron Bobro's originals. I wanna do Jantar... :D

dB

Hey, I think that's a great idea... What about one of us providing a dozen or so songs, then to have them covered by the others?! Or, we could make a CD with 15 versions of the same song... :D

Carlo

Archived