Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM MEMBERS - CDs/downloads available?

Dave Bryce

• 1 month later...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
The SLEB CD ***RULES***, gang... Steve is a rare talent indeed. His songwriting and playing is like a tornado; unpredictable, vicious, fast, and absolutely compelling. You cannot stop listening.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely thread! Great to see what music is available from the members. :thu:

My most recent CD is me on keys, guitar and vocals although live I have a band to play the arrangements. It's proggy stuff people have described as Tony Banksish with bits of UK, Alan Parsons and Rick Wakeman.

Aethellis is available at http://www.cdbaby.com/aethellis

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

• 8 months later...

Ooh, good call man.

Cursed Eternity should be on ebay, but hell, if you PM me, I'll get one out to you no charge, I like you guys. And hey, if you have something to send as well, be it your own work, or just a CD-R of stuff you like, that'd be sweet too. I'm a big fan of music in general so I'm always interested to hear what other people are doing :)

So yeah, free CD, PM me.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Edited with the wrong button post. :rolleyes:

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Originally posted by Dick Ward (Alias: Mr. Pretentious):

Ooh, good call man.

Cursed Eternity should be on ebay, but hell, if you PM me, I'll get one out to you no charge, I like you guys. And hey, if you have something to send as well, be it your own work, or just a CD-R of stuff you like, that'd be sweet too. I'm a big fan of music in general so I'm always interested to hear what other people are doing :)

So yeah, free CD, PM me.

It's worth paying for. :thu:

Especially when you get it autographed.

Don

P.S. Dick, you should have this one on CDBaby. A friend of mine in the group Temple of Fire sells theirs there and they say it works.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

In few days (actually in manifacturing process) my CD is coming out on CD Baby. It has been a long work on sound, 99% of the electronic sounds used come from original dsp modular patching, while the acoustic sounds follow a very traditional attempt to capture the emotions of the players. It might be defined as "electronic music", but with a "progressive" approach to constant change, open structures and harmonic depth, with an important and unusual role of acoustic performance.

This first announcement will be hopefully followed soon by the release, it's not so easy to manage all the operation from the other side of the world, but things are coming together!

:)

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

My band has cds available on a number of websites... we're called Roots of Creation, and our first cd is called "The End of The Beginning" (it was a long time coming...). It's available at CDBaby, Amazon.com, towerrecords.com, homegrownmusic.com, iTunes, and a few other places. Admiteddly, the album is a bit dated at this point as far as what we do, but we just finished recording a new one, which is the mixing process and will be out in September. We'll be going for a much wider release, with some serious distribution/promo. Watch for us in Relix magazine!

Anyways, the new album has some sweet guest appearances too... We got Sam Kininger (sax), Gordon Stone (Slide guitar), and the horn section from John Brown's Body (huge reggae band). We're psyched!!!

www.rootsofcreation.com www.myspace.com/rootsofcreation

"wherever you go, there you are"

"If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why bother practicing??"

Originally posted by Ells:

Originally posted by Dick Ward (Alias: Mr. Pretentious):

Ooh, good call man.

Mr. Ward I appreciate your choice of "keytar"! :freak:
Lol, that is friggin awful. I get enough flack from the band as it is, thank god they don't browse this forum!

BTW, when browsing the Sonata Arctica (metal band) forum, I encountered a flame war about how they should not be called keytars, since that is a brand name. True or not, some people care way too much :P

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

• 2 weeks later...

My CD entitled "Sonic Music-The Prisoner" has been doing very well since it's January debut.

It is keyboard based and relies on classic synths such as the minimoog, moog sonic six, and the prophet-5.

I am just thrilled that it is being carried by 6 distributors that also carry the likes of some of my favorite artists(Happy The Man,ELP,Alan Holdsworth,Rick Wakeman and MANY others)

It just goes to show that even us little guys can do some damage :D

You can hear samples and order the CD-if you like the music ;)

http://www.sonicmusic.net

Cheers!

Larry Benigno

Sonic Music

SONIC MUSIC

http://sonicmusic.net

My CD is on CD Baby. After 2 years of hard work, a deep research of sound textures, the build of custom modular patches and the banning of everything could ever be labeled as a "preset", here it comes. I sincerely hope it sells....I've put a lot of resources in it and all my heart for sure.

It features an array of custom made modular patches on the Creamware Modular, some with FleXor modules (all Scope users that buy it can have also these modulars on request), a little bit of other CWA synths, acoustic , classical and electric guitars, percussion, flute.

get it here

Thanks, :)

Guess the Amp

Here it is!

I have one CD (actually a 2-disc set) currently in print on XI Records, called "Ten Thousand Shades Of Blue". It's a retrospective of my electronic music from 1974-1989. You can get it from Amazon and eMusic . It's also available from many other distributors and on iTunes.

And, I have one track on an upcoming compilation from ExOvo called "I, Mute Hummings", due for release in a couple of months. It may not strictly fit according to the title of this thread, because it's going to be a blue vinyl LP.

Originally posted by alfonso:

After 2 years of hard work, a deep research of sound textures, the build of custom modular patches and the banning of everything could ever be labeled as a "preset", here it comes.

FWIW, I have Alfonso's "Experience of Space" CD and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in electronic music. Alfonso is a bright combination of maniacal programmer and 'melodic' musician with an instinct for big, spacious textures. I don't know if mp3s can give a decent idea of his detailed, evolving timbre structures; for the ultimate 'experience', I would definitely get the CD - and listen to it with headphones. ;)

Originally posted by marino:

FWIW, I have Alfonso's "Experience of Space" CD and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in electronic music. Alfonso is a bright combination of maniacal programmer and 'melodic' musician with an instinct for big, spacious textures. I don't know if mp3s can give a decent idea of his detailed, evolving timbre structures; for the ultimate 'experience', I would definitely get the CD - and listen to it with headphones. ;)

Carlo, what to say.......thanks!!!!! :D

Guess the Amp

Here it is!

• 4 weeks later...

OK, my turn now. :)

"La Linea", the third album from my own group, Syntaxis, is finally available for sale.

It has been a long and somewhat troubled story before finally reaching publication, and I'm incredibly glad and relieved that it is finally out; to me, it's my best music to date, in the jazz field at least.

More detail about the genesis of the CD in this thread:

http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/018572.html

It's acoustic and electric jazz in about equal doses, with a couple of dangerous turns into crazy electronic sound. A few Italian jazz greats guests on it: Maurizio Giammarco on alto sax, virtuoso guitarist Umberto Fiorentino, and the amazing Dario Deidda on bass. Dario only appears on one tune, "Walking in your steps", which is also on KC comp 11.

"La Linea" is out on the German label YVP, which houses a lot of great European jazzers.

And for the first time, one of my CDs has USA distribution!

But you can also order a copy from me directly, at a reduced price.

For all details, and to listen to mp3s from "La Linea", please visit my site:

www.carlomezzanotte.com

Enjoy! :)

• 1 month later...

so i've finally got the right thread, sorry david! i know this is a bit wordy and i am still a bit new around here, but i think several of you guys will appreciate the music contained herein.

http://www.ohmbience.com/anemonemusic/trs/theRuralSequenceSmall.jpg

[THE SHORT VERSION]

i have a new 14 track, 55 min cd of keyboard oriented ableton live created downtempo /acid jazz / IDM tracks. i am selling it because i have put hours and hours into it, to cover the cost of the cds, and it is a damn fine piece of work.

you can buy the audio cd for only $7

you can get the 192k download for $5

you can get the downloads FREE if you just post a link/review somewhere and let me know. more info on this below.

you can LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE ALBUM via a nifty new flash player i made, [it's way better than myspace!] here at my website.

SAMPLES:

piano short - a wistful piano melody through tiny magnetic tape opens up into a dubstep sound collage.

tapeWood - IDM nintendo glitchity mellotron conversations

boards of canada - an obvious homage to the chill sounds of BOC - with ripping wood flute solo

johnny sparkles - you want hammond and rhodes chops? i've got em

more samples

ENTIRE TRACKS FOR DOWNLOAD:

the mower - from download.net - the first track from the rural sequence opens up with angular, quartal, delayed and distorted piano and makes it way into a stomping reesish bass line and hungarian synth melody.

mare placido - from vinylbeats.net - mare placido means "sea of peace". im proud of this one. thick synths, live sax, sax key drumming, and some slightly unusual time signatures. its got the smoothness and the darkness all in one.

FREE FREE FREE! (for just a little bit o work)

If YOU want to get the new anemone album, "the rural sequence", as 192k mp3s for FREE:

1.Post this blurb, or a comment, or something on a site where it doesn't already exist or send an email to someone who might actually be interested. Examples include your myspace page, forums, blogs, and websites. You must be a member of the forum to receive the disc for free (ie no spamming random forums) and any personal input (like "I really like this CD" etc) is greatly appreciated.

2.Send an email to me (anemone3369 at hotmail.com just remember to add the @ symbol ;) ) with a link to where you posted or the forwarded email and I will send you a link to an 80Mb zip file with the whole album inside!

thats it!

BLURB TO POST:

Check out the new album "the rural sequence" by keyboardist and producer Josh Cochran, aka Anemone. Inspired by the extremes of birth (the birth of a new daughter) and death (a near fatal infection) this 14 track album is a bit of a departure from the current offerings of most bedroom producers.

Taking pages from the vocabularies of acid jazz, rock, IDM, breakbeat, gospel, native american, and downtempo the rural sequence runs the stylistic gamut while keeping its sense of continuity intact. The disc combines the fluid and organic rhodes, organ, piano, mellotron, and synth playing with the repetitive precision of loops, found sounds, and other sonic manipulations.

Clocking in at 55 minutes the 14 tracks are allowed to develop personality, but are also to the point. Many of the tunes smoothly segue into each other and the disc has the ebb and flow of a skilled dj set. If you like keyboards, acid jazz, breakbeats, and/or IDM electronics you will most likely appreciate this album as a long playing original work worthy of several spins on your cd player.

you can go get free downloads and check out audio samples at: http://www.ohmbience.com/trs

Or

anemonemusic.com

(for you html enabled pages out there)

FREE FREE FREE!

If YOU want to get the new anemone album, "the rural sequence", as 192k mp3s for FREE:

1.Post this blurb, or a comment, or something on a site where it doesn't already exist or send an email to someone who might actually be interested. Examples include your myspace page, forums, blogs, and websites. You must be a member of the forum to receive the disc for free (ie no spamming random forums) and any personal input (like "I really like this CD" etc) is greatly appreciated.

2.Send an email to me (anemone3369 at hotmail.com just remember to add the @ symbol ;) ) with a link to where you posted or the forwarded email and I will send you a link to an 80Mb zip file with the whole album inside!

thats it!

END BLURB

[THE LONG VERSION]

So why should you care about this album? What makes it different from the millions of other bedroom producer tracks floating around these days? In case you are the least bit interested I have pounded out these musings in an attempt to get you to check out some tunes.

First off, 13 of the 14 tracks were done in ableton live, but often in tandem with older analog gear like a 4-track, dictation machine, and microcassetes. This gives the album a wide range of production tones from a classic scratchy sound to a modern in your face dance mix, and they are often superimposed thus adding some real vibe to the recordings.

For another thing, it is an entire album of 14 songs. Taking pages from the vocabularies of acid jazz, IDM, breakbeat, gospel, native american, and downtempo music the disc runs the stylistic gamut while keeping its sense of continuity intact. Many of the tracks are mixed and segued in to each other to give the sense of a true long running recording.

Also, I am a classically trained keyboardist with a fair grasp on jazz. Not much classical training mind you, but enough to know a good bit of the sometimes useful tools of a musician. I find that often in the electronic music and dj cultures there is a lack of traditional music knowledge. On the one hand I think this is great because folks can certainly utilize the layers of abstraction this provides to their benefit. But often I find myself wanting to hear someone really wail away on instruments like the hammond organ, fender rhodes, synths, and piano.

On this album I gave myself license to try and tastefully rock out without wankerdom. I think I have done pretty well.

Also, this album is called the rural sequence because it is being made in a specific period of time in my life. I have recently married, bought a house, and had children. I have a full time day job. I live in the middle of nowhere. I also almost died from a bacterial infection and had a baby, while putting this record together. These songs are a challenge and response to this phase of my life.

thanks for checking it out. i welcome comments, remixes, and interaction.

My CD is not for sale: I give 'em away to annoy friends & relatives. But you can go to my website, download the tunes, and rip away.

Note that you can't tell I'm a keyboard player from that CD. Next one, which I haven't started yet, will be blues and a little jazz and will feature keyboards.

Warning: mellow. Headbangers beware, coma may result.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by alfonso:

Originally posted by marino:

Carlo, what to say.......thanks!!!!! :D
Hehe, this is the post to quote... ;)

Anyway, this stuff is in iTunes and many other places for download, like here:

http://www.mp3-extension.com/album/Alfonso-D%27Amora-%26-Giuseppe-Natale/Experience-of-Space

Guess the Amp

Here it is!

• 6 months later...
SDS, thanks for the bump - I've never seen this thread. My 1st CD, 'Guesswork' was completed in 2003. It's a collection of improvisatory piano pieces played off the cuff in the dark. Somewhat moody, very telling of my life. Available on iTunes (C.J. Lewis - Guesswork) or at cdbaby: http://cdbaby.com/cd/cjlewis. I'm currently at work on #2 (with all the free time I have :rolleyes:), and realizing that there is some seriously cool hardware out there (my Fantom XR and Trinity rack just rock together!)

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Archived