Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM MEMBERS - CDs/downloads available?

Dave Bryce

Yo...

So, seeing as how we are a community of musicians, perhaps some of you have CDs of your music/downloads of your tracks available - I know I do.

Perhaps there are others of you that are interested in owning some of your fellow forum member's music - I know I am.

Consequently, I thought that it might be a good thing to start a thread where forum members could post info about the availability of their own music. This is not like the "Let's Hear It" thread that point's folks toward posted music, this is about actual physical copies of CDs, or places where tracks can be downloaded.

I could see where something like this could be taken as being spam; however, I figure if we keep it confined to this thread, it won't be a problem.

So, who's got CDs/downloads available? Where do we get 'em?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should ask Dave! :) I'd like to proudly announce that my first CD is now available for sale! It's called "a dichotomy of silence", and it features a divergent selection of my Smooth Jazz compositions, with several great guest artists!

Enjoy BETWEEN TWO WORLDS for just $9.99 at my website, www.llarion.com, and it is also available on Amazon.

*EDITED 6/22/05, DIFFERENT CD NOW*

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Hey Dave, this is probably a good place to congratulate you on the cool press you got for your album, "UltraMaroon", in the March '02 Electronic Musician. I love "how-to" articles like that which break down how something was done. Great album, too...

I've done a bunch of CDs, of different music flavors, over the years. Most of the recent ones are available commercially (in Italy at least), and I'm working on several others. I particularly care for my own jazz group, Syntaxis. Infos and tons of mp3s at:

www.carlomezzanotte.com

You could start from the "Records" or "Music" pages.

Originally posted by synthetic:

Hey Dave, this is probably a good place to congratulate you on the cool press you got for your album, "UltraMaroon", in the March '02 Electronic Musician. I love "how-to" articles like that which break down how something was done. Great album, too...

Excellent! Dave you'll have to post where to get the album, too.

"Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!" is scheduled to be pressed and ready to go by the Ides of March (well, by the time of the Frankfurt Messe in middle March, but that doesn't sound as groovy). The album will be available from our site (in the signature) and I'll post here again at that time.

-CB

Excellent! Dave you'll have to post where to get the album, too.

It's supposed to go up on CD Baby this week. I'll post when it does...

"Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!" is scheduled to be pressed and ready to go by the Ides of March (well, by the time of the Frankfurt Messe in middle March, but that doesn't sound as groovy).

Cameron was kind enough to hook me up with an advance copy of this record. It's totally great, and (for those of you who've never heard his stuff) extremely catchy and unique.

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I have Carlo's "Cieli Diversi" Syntaxis record. I recommend it highly - it's excellent!

dB

Hey, thanks a lot Dave - especially since I find your "Ultra Maroon" album really excellent too, if in a totally different genre of music.

"Cieli Diversi" should be available in a few stores in USA, but as a service should someone be interested, here's a link to a site that carries most Italian jazz:

www.jazzos.com

I'm told that it works from abroad too. Here's the details on the CD:

Carlo Mezzanotte & Syntaxis: "Cieli Diversi" - MAP SC.CD0206

Hey everybody,

You can find my debut solo album here:

http://www.mellowrecords.com/mmp24.html#mmp-331

(along with a lot of CDs by many other unknown artists).

The whole album was done using the only one keyboard-workstation I had at that time: Ensoniq SD-1 :o .

Still wonder how it happened that they (Mellow Records) released my stuff... :confused:

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Gulliver ]

I am back.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Yo...

So, seeing as how we are a community of musicians, perhaps some of you have CDs of your music - I know I do.

Perhaps there are others of you that are interested in owning some of your fellow forum member's music - I know I am.

Consequently, I thought that it might be a good thing to start a thread where forum members could post info about the availability of their own music. This is not like the "Let's Hear It" thread that point's folks toward posted music, this is about actual physical copies of CDs

I could see where something like this could be taken as being spam; however, I figure if we keep it confined to this thread, it won't be a problem.

So, who's got CDs available? Where do we get 'em?

dB

From the artists at hexaChord.org are only Demo-CDRs available at the moment. A Label-Sampler and a "Best Of The Nameless Demons"-CD will be released later this year - maybe there also will be a new version of "Laconic Deconstructivism".

Laconic Deconstructivism

------------------------

Visit me:

..hexaChord - independent movement for artificial arts..

• 1 month later...

I joined Ampcast in February, so that I could take advantage of higher quality discs. (No converted MP3's.)

If you're into the whole idea of instrumental rock, you can preview and buy my discs here:

http://www.ampcast.com/music/13507/artist.php

"The Battle For Sol" is my newest album, while "Timepiece Re-Issue" is a complete re-mix of an older work.

:wave:

-Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

• 2 years later...

Hi, guys -

I wanted to revive this old thread since the record I finished a few months ago is now available on Jackpine's web site.

Dr. Toy & Mr. Radio is mostly original material, but there's a few cover tunes as well. Three and a half of the thirteen tunes on the CD were previously released on forum compilation CDs, but all the versions on the record have been mastered by studio guru Bill Dooley, and one of the forum CD tunes (Beatles song "I Want To Hold Your Hand") has gone through a few changes... ;)

I also figured that there might be other forum members who might be interested in making their CDs available as well, and who might not know that a thread like this already exists.

dB

My new CD is almost finished...I plan on releasing it mid-march at the latest.

The name of the project is SLEB, it's very eclectic...Rock, Country, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Prog...but it's not just a collection of songs put together, it's an album.

You can listen to pre-mastered mixes of the album...

http://www.artistlaunch.com/sleb

Hi guys

Our band (Happy Dog Project) first release is out some six months now, but I unfortunatelly don't know how to find this CD abroad exept Greece...

If you like you can listen to some of our music in our website (www.happydogproject.com)

It may be all greek to you, but you can download the music in "Tracks" (2 tracks from the CD) and "Audio" (a gig recording from a jazz club, in 2001)

Regards

Yannis

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Our debut CD, "estranged," contains a mixture of sounds and styles, all on the dramatic, art-rock side. We got nice reviews on the Dutch Progressive Rock Page and the Collected Sounds webpage. It is available on our CD Baby page .

I used the Alesis QS6 for all the keyboard parts on the entire album.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

My funk/soul/jam/whatever-you-want-to-call-it band Kokoro has a CD on CDBaby here: CDBaby.com/kokoro .

None of my jazz projects have been recorded on a real CD yet - lots of demos, but nothing saleable. I'm having a recital on Thursday which is being recorded - I may offer a blank & postage deal when I get the recording back. The first set of the recital are big band charts I've written, with a mix of my university colleagues; the second set is my trio, playing originals by myself and the bassist and "not-quite-standards."

David

PS: dB - that's some cool stuff. Dare I say Zappa-esque in places? Didn't know you sang, too.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Originally posted by David R:

dB - that's some cool stuff. Dare I say Zappa-esque in places?

Thanks, Dave!

Didn't know you sang, too.
I don't...at least, not if I can avoid it... ;)

All of the vocals on all of my stuff are courtesy of some very talented singers who are kind enough to help me out.

dB

• 2 weeks later...

The CD for my music project, Zarate Pollace Project (yeah ... we didn't get too creative with the name, I know ...) is finally done, delivered, and for sale.

We're calling it "Global Jazz" because it's a mix Latin rhythms with a little funkiness, plus some other influences that don't quite make it Latin jazz, smooth jazz, fusion, or the like. But it has those elements. :)

Snippet MP3 samples of some tunes are up for listening to see if it piques your interest at all ...

http://www.zaratepollace.com/music.htm

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by geekgurl:

The CD for my music project, Zarate Pollace Project (yeah ... we didn't get too creative with the name, I know ...) is finally done, delivered, and for sale.

We're calling it "Global Jazz" because it's a mix Latin rhythms with a little funkiness, plus some other influences that don't quite make it Latin jazz, smooth jazz, fusion, or the like. But it has those elements. :)

Snippet MP3 samples of some tunes are up for listening to see if it piques your interest at all ...

http://www.zaratepollace.com/music.htm

Nice! :thu:

Love the guitar sound--reminds me of Eric Gale..

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Thank you forceman! Yes, Abel is a very talented guitarist. We were also fortunate to have some great recording (half the guitar was recorded by me, the rest recorded elsewhere), mixing, and mastering help.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Archived