Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC2X Key clunk??

Rick K.

Is any one else receiving complaints about the PC2X keys clunking? I need to know if there's a fix for this. I've come across several people with this same problem. There are several keys that, when struck, have a very loud clunk. It's very distracting and annoying when you're trying to play quiter passages and you hear is this clunk above the music. The unit isn't that old, hasn't been gigged, and rests on a regular double x type stand in a living room.

Please advise.... :confused:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try it on a completely flat surface. X-stands especially when they are at sitting level can cause the chasis to flex (not just PC2's but most other 88 note keyboars as well), as there is no support in the middle (where you are pushing down on the keys).

If you try it on a different stand or surface and its still exhibits this problem, feel free to contact me directly and we'll get it taken care of.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mike, I am a new keyboard student that bought a PC2X last fall and I am just now beginning to play beyond the middle octaves! Yippee!

I have my 2X on an X stand and I notice the klunk more now than I did originally. Is there a stand that you can recommend. I haven't seen anything other than the X type stands.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by wrave:

I have my 2X on an X stand and I notice the klunk more now than I did originally. Is there a stand that you can recommend. I haven't seen anything other than the X type stands.

Try putting a shelf of some kind on top of the stand before you put the keyboard on it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

David makes and excellent point (as usual). If you use an X stand or any other stand that doesn't have support in the middle, you might want to put something down on top of the stand (a shelf or board of some kind) before putting the keyboard on it. Make sure the rubber feet that came with your PC2 are closer to the middle of the keyboard rather than at the extreme ends.

Take a look at www.quicklok.com for example. They have a model called a Z71 which provides support across the middle.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Whoa! Have you guys got live lines into the forum! I've seldom seen such quick responses.

Thank you both very much for the ideas.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Archived