Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cover Tune - Streetbeater

Pat Azzarello

Dave - It's on its way to you. Please let me know when it arrives.

Streetbeater Cover

The tune is "Streetbeater", a Quincy Jones tune, known more for the TV show that adopted it as it's theme (Sanford and Son). I'm only going to keep it online for a few days, then I'll edit this message and remove the link.

This was an exercise in softsynths, at least in part... I tracked most of the tune using hardware synths (my QS8 and D4), but what's in the final product is a mishmash of softsynths and plug-ins (no outboard effects), which were all rendered within Sonar.

[*]Drums - Battery

[*]Organ - B4

[*]Bass and synth solo - Dreamstation synth

[*]Piano, harmonica and clavinet - Roland Virtual Sound Canvas

All in all, it was fun, though I had problems with the sound card and my underpowered PC... ach!!!! Streetbeater Cover

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job, Pat. The B4 sounds great. I could never record my B-3 as well as the B4. There's a nice spaciousness to the recording, you can hear everything. I checked out the link to the band. How great it must be to work with real horns, although I've found in these situations, all the solos the keyboard guy usually gets goes to a horn player. What a great song list. I wish my weekend band would do some of these songs. I can hear the excuses, I don't think the drummer is funky enough to do it, yeah great song, but will they dance to it, I don't think we could do it justice. I listened to the mp3 clips. Every tune was well done. The MS gig was pretty cool. Gee I'm off topic here, anyway nice work on the Quincy tune!!!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

I'm pretty weak on old TV theme songs- caught up on a lot of them about eight years ago watching afternoon reruns in an old-folks home where I worked- but isn't there a bit of The Rockford Files theme in there?

Anyway, cool! I'm impressed.

-CB

Originally posted by b_3guy:

How great it must be to work with real horns, although I've found in these situations, all the solos the keyboard guy usually gets goes to a horn player. What a great song list.

Actually, it's just the opposite... the guitar player and I joke that we've never soloed as much in any band as in this one. Maybe it's that we're bigger and older than all the horn players ;)

And thanks for the input on the tune... glad you liked it.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: PatAzz ]

Originally posted by PatAzz:

Dave - It's on its way to you. Please let me know when it arrives.

Streetbeater Cover

The tune is "Streetbeater", a Quincy Jones tune, known more for the TV show that adopted it as it's theme (Sanford and Son). I'm only going to keep it online for a few days, then I'll edit this message and remove the link.

This was an exercise in softsynths, at least in part... I tracked most of the tune using hardware synths (my QS8 and D4), but what's in the final product is a mishmash of softsynths and plug-ins (no outboard effects), which were all rendered within Sonar.

[*]Drums - Battery

[*]Organ - B4

[*]Bass and synth solo - Dreamstation synth

[*]Piano, harmonica and clavinet - Roland Virtual Sound Canvas

All in all, it was fun, though I had problems with the sound card and my underpowered PC... ach!!!! Streetbeater Cover

You did all that by yourself? I liked it, my wife didn`t. She couldn`t hear "Lifetime" on T.V. I said something to her I know I`ll live to regret. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Archived