Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what should i do to keep CPU away from my audiocard?please

lovenara

i learn now that noise in my vocal track came from fannoise in CPU

i read that pros put their CPU out of recording room

So what kind of cables i need to do this?

i use GINA20 which has very short connection from the board and its rack which has only 2 inputs so i need it to be at hands

Or maybe other solutions for getting rid of noise?

like a soundproof to cover the fan?

i like to hear how all of you treat this situation

thnx in advance

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by istyle@hotmail.com:

i learn now that noise in my vocal track came from fannoise in CPU

i read that pros put their CPU out of recording room

So what kind of cables i need to do this?

Long ones!

The Gina 20 is ubnbalanced, I believe, and running long cables unbalanced is asking for problems. I would consider getting a simple mixer with balanced ins to put next to the gina. I have a Behringer Eurorack 802A which works great for the money - there's a really low end 602A Behringer too but its worth springing for the next one up although in your case the small one would be perfectly fine if dedicated to this task.

You need to make sure that the mixer you are using at the vocal end can send balanced outputs. I seem to recall you were using a dedicated mic pre-amp so this should be able to do this, but its worth checking.

BTW, you may be able to replace your computers power supply with a lower noise one. This with some extra baffling could also solve the problem for you. Don't enclose your computer in a box - it needs to get air flow.

I don`t know how to paste links but try this, at the top of this page click on forum home. From there go the bottom and find 'Craig Anderson`s SSS archive. Open that and then open the search from the top. Type in noisy computers or fan noise. I found some good suggestions there. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Archived