Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recording using a PC ???

dalpozlead

Hi!

i'm so impressed with the quality of the records in the " Let's hear it " post!

I have a Korg iX300 with the basics outputs ( R, L/Mono, Phone ), and I recorded it in my computer using the PC Line-in, and some crap Recorder software, but many problems occured.

First my keyboard always have to be in the same exactly volume or the record in Pc comes to blow up!

2nd - The quality of the recorded sound isn't the same as I listen using the phone or the amplifier !

Is there something I can do to make it sounds "studio" like?

Maybey a decent PC sound card or other software?

Please help !

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dalpozlead:

Hi!

Is there something I can do to make it sounds "studio" like?

Maybey a decent PC sound card or other software?

Please help !

Thanks!

These problems are what you expect - it sounds like you are using the sound on the mother board or perhaps a real cheap sound card that came with the machine.

You could go to an expensive sound card such as the audigy which would work better, or you could go to a professional sound card which should give you excellent results. You can get an entry level pro sound card here in the US for about what you will pay for the top end sound cards (about $US250). Don't know what tghe situation is in Brazil.

Pro sound cards give you more than 16 bit wide sound. This gives you better headroom. A typical cheap sound card will claim to give 16 bits but it may only be really good for 12-14 bits. As a result you have to line everything up volume wise to get all the bits so it doesn't sound awful and then if you are a little over you clip.

Archived