Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how do I get one of those pictures thingies by my name?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been year for over an year and still didn't figure that on out. RTFM - or maybe you using a cracked version of this site?! We do not look nice on people who use crack in these areas... :D You might wanna check a little link called "my profile"... Check out my Avaters <--------

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Hi, Midispaceho! In the upper right-hand corner of this forum, click on "my profile." You'll come to a screen with [b]» View/Update Profile «[/b] on the left. Click on that. That will bring you to a page with sevral boxes, and toward the bottom there is a box for you to fill in a signature, as well as a link called "[b]Select a different Avatar Image[/b]." Have fun!

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]Damn you, Jotown!!! You're a [i]slightly faster[/i] know-it-all than me!!! :D [/b][/quote]Hey, when I got there it was at zero. Mr. Darling is an even faster know-it-all than either on of us.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[b]Topic: how do I get one of those pictures thingies by my name? [/b] By not using the word thingies. They make me think of fun non forum related stuff. ;)

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

[quote]Originally posted by midispaceho: [b]Those choices are ok, but how do you get the custom shit going on?...[/b][/quote]Well, you have to find a picture on the internet, or post one to your website, and link the URL to your avatar on the same page where you can choose a "smiling cell phone."

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]Jotown: Whoa, that's weird. I saw your post as the first response the first time I looked. But now, Mr. Darling's post is before yours!?!? Odd.[/b][/quote]Thats my fault, I was momentarily traveling at the speed of light and it kinda screwed up the time space thingie.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

[quote]Originally posted by midispaceho: [b]Thanks again!...uh...whats an URL? Never mind. I'll figure it out. THINGIE THINGIE THINGIE!!! :p [/b][/quote]It's a web address thingie. It starts with an "http://www" thingie. It's a way to link to your custom picture thingie. ;)

If you're running a Windows based computer, right-click on the picture, then choose "properties." This will show you information including the web address, or URL, for the picture. Highlight that with your mouse, then copy it, and paste it in your "set URL" space.

[quote]Originally posted by midispaceho: [b]Can I assume that the web page must be only a single picture...no way to use a picture that is on a page with other thingies on it?[/b][/quote]That would be correct, sir. -but there's an easier way. Several websites will 'host' assorted pictures, giving each photo on a single page it's own web address. Here's an example of a free service that does what you are looking for; It will allow you to upload pictures from your computer to the hosting site. http://www.villagephotos.com Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

Archived