Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out the new E-mu Keyboard

KTempo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing and trying it ... it is not exactly something too atractive. The same goes for the groove-boxes things reviewed on JAN's KEYBOARD. Those machines are "sons" of the ASR-X without the sampling. Fun to play, sure, but boring if considered as a "new" product.

The new proteus was good.

But where's the REAL new stuff from EMU? Where's Ensoniq?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I have to agree with Gustavo. Where's my beloved Ensoniq, which gave me my beloved SD-1, TS-10 - which I still use as my main music creation tool, and especially my Fizmo? Tell me the great amoeba known as EMU didn't swallow them whole and digest them to nothing!! :(
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by synthguy:

I have to agree with Gustavo. Where's my beloved Ensoniq, which gave me my beloved SD-1, TS-10 - which I still use as my main music creation tool, and especially my Fizmo? Tell me the great amoeba known as EMU didn't swallow them whole and digest them to nothing!! :(

Yeah, man! These could be my words as well..

I am back.

Originally posted by Solafide:

Hmmmm...I'm curious as to what they actually sound like? Can they compete on the Motif/Triton/Fantom level in terms of sound quality?

Sola.

You mean those Ensoniq instruments? Well, they are from the early 90's, so it's hard for them to compete with the modern synthesizers. One might even think that their sound (especially the SD-1's sound is an old-fashioned...) But I find that they are still essential synths and (TS-10) is a solid workstation all around.

I am back.

Archived