Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

URGENT! need help with this! Please :)

big K

Hello, sorry for the agressive tone of this. I am involved with a HUGE treasure hunt contest, and I figure you are the guys to ask, so with out further stalling here is the question.

Roland revolutionized electronic music by making a bass synthesizer that is still used in music today. What was the model number of this synth?

THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOU HELP :)

I need the solution by about 2-3:00 today :)

once again thank you all so much.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by knemrava:

[QB]

Roland revolutionized electronic music by making a bass synthesizer that is still used in music today. What was the model number of this synth?

QB]

The is answer has to be the TB-303. I just think it's a funny question. I bought the 303/606 silver combo when they first came out in the early 1980s. I thought the 303 was the wimpyiest synth I'd ever heard. I only used the sequencer in it to trigger my Prophet 5 (pre-MIDI days). Hats off to those who came later and figured out how to get more use out of the thing.

But at the time, the 303 certainly DID NOT revolutionize electronic music.

Busch

Originally posted by burningbusch:

The is answer has to be the TB-303. I just think it's a funny question. I bought the 303/606 silver combo when they first came out in the early 1980s. I thought the 303 was the wimpyiest synth I'd ever heard...

I'm sure I'm not the only person who knows someone that *gave away* a TB-303 in the late-80s, when they were considered worthless (but were then selling for $1k five years later). He was a drummer who wanted bass sounds to practice with, and the 303 definitely didn't cut it for that!

thanks for your help folks, indeed we did win. was a llot of work thouhg, umoung other things we had to decode a message using a WW2 enigma machine. lay a star chart on top on our city, and 1 team go arrested. thanks all.

Archived