Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Serial-to-USB adapter for QS7?

Max Ventura

I've got a QS7, and I'd like to bypass any Midi interface or other device to go into my 500 Mhz IBook. The reason? First of all because I can, so I think I should give it a try; secondly, in order to have a minimal a setup as possible.

I'd like to find out if anybody has done this, and if you can suggest a partiucular type of adaptor and what's called, because it appears that the port the QS has is used for several types of hardware, all with different pin configs.

Thanks.

Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by argomax:

I've got a QS7, and I'd like to bypass any Midi interface or other device to go into my 500 Mhz IBook. The reason? First of all because I can, so I think I should give it a try; secondly, in order to have a minimal a setup as possible.

I'd like to find out if anybody has done this, and if you can suggest a partiucular type of adaptor and what's called, because it appears that the port the QS has is used for several types of hardware, all with different pin configs.

Thanks.

There is no way to hook up a QS7 through USB without using a USB to serial convertor. Not sure how you would go about driving such a convertor. There would normally be a driver for the convertor itself and I don't think the driver that does MIDI to serial is going to work with this.

Archived